Make your business look its best with high-performance colour.
• Create marketing materials with realistic colour and crisp detail thanks to PANTONE® colour matching and HP Easy Color.
Invest in a printer that's as easy to use as it is to manage.
• Manage jobs directly from the printer’s four-line colour control panel, and easily print from a USB flash drive1.
Take advantage of inventive expandability options.
• Easily update, manage and extend printer capabilities, using HP FutureSmart Firmware.
Enjoy outstanding energy and paper savings.
• Reduce energy use by 19% to 66% by setting the Auto-On/Auto-Off mode2. Save even more energy with Instant-on Technology3 which speeds warm-up and cool-down times.
1 Automatic two-sided printing, walk-up USB and hardware integration pocket available only on the HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551dn printer and HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 color M551xh printer.
2 Energy saving based on internal HP testing of Auto-On/Auto-Off setting compared to default setting. Minimum savings based on a 45-minute sleep delay. Maximum savings based on a 1-minute sleep delay. Actual results may vary.
3 Compared with products that use traditional fusing.
|Print speed (colour, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||32 ppm|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||32 ppm|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||11 s|
|Time to first page (colour, normal)||11 s|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Standard input capacity||1100 sheets|
|Number of standard paper trays||3|
|Standard output capacity||250 sheets|
|Maximum resolution||1200 x 1200 DPI|
|Standard printer languages||PCL 5c, PCL 6, PDF 1.4, PostScript 3|
|Number of print cartridges||4|
|Maximum duty cycle||75000 pages per month|
|Recommended duty cycle||5000|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, USB 2.0|
|Internal memory||1024 MB|
|Maximum internal memory||1024 MB|
|Hard drive capacity||250 GB|
|Power consumption (off)||0.3 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||51 W|
|Power consumption (typical)||605 W|
|Maximum print size||A4 / Letter (216 x 297 mm)|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4, A5, A6|
|Envelopes sizes||B5, C6, DL|
|Standard tray media types||Bond paper, Envelopes, Glossy paper, Labels, Plain paper, Recycled paper, Transparencies|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A4|
|Mobile printing technologies||HP ePrint|
|Colour of product||Black, Grey|
|Processor frequency||800 MHz|
|Windows operating systems supported||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Yes|
|Linux operating systems supported||Yes|
|Processor model||ARM Cortex-A8|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!