Top-of-the-line performance for color printing.
- Boost your printing productivity with high-performance speeds up to 42 ppm letter/40 ppm A4 and a first page out in as fast as 9.5 seconds.
- Improve efficiency and simplify printing—automatically adjust settings according to paper type with HP Advanced Auto Media Sensing and operate the printer with ease, using a 4-line color control panel with auto-navigational help.
- Twenty-five years of continuous innovation and reliable, professional-quality printing—HP LaserJet remains the brand businesses count on. Count on HP for award-winning support in laser printers.
- Streamline your workgroup's print jobs. Store a large queue of print jobs with 1 GB of memory and configure optimal settings across your entire printer fleet with HP Web Jetadmin.
Produce superior color documents consistently.
- Make a high-impact statement with top-of-the-line color documents—advanced color features produce professional-quality, color documents with every print job.
- Manage your business’s color printing usage and costs, using award-winning HP color access controls.
- Get supplies designed for your high-volume printing environment when you use an optional high-capacity black toner cartridge.
- Expand your media options. Print on a range of media types—including everyday and glossy papers—and a wide variety of sizes—A4, letter, labels, envelopes, transparencies and cardstock.
Protect your data with essential security.
- Minimize security disruptions and send business-critical data more securely, using robust features such as an HP Secure Hard Disk, IPsec with encryption and network access control with 802.1x.
- Expand your security options to the next level, using the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. Conveniently connect your security card swipe and HP and third-party authentication devices.
- Easily retrieve stored confidential print jobs, using the control panel.
Minimize your environmental impact.
- Get up to 50 percent energy savings over competitive laser products, using Instant-on Technology.
- Reduce your impact on the environment and use up to 50 percent less paper with two-sided printing.
- Reduce packaging waste with pre-installed toner cartridges—no boxes, wrappers or manuals.
- Minimize your environmental impact by implementing energy-saving settings across your entire fleet with HP Web Jetadmin.
The xh model features standard 2100-sheet paper capacity. The n and dn models come with standard 600-sheet paper capacity expandable with optional 1x 500 and 3 x 500 paper trays.
Energy savings based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR(R) program’s Typical Energy Consumption (TEC) method on HP LaserJet products with Instant-on Technology vs. top competitive models as of March 2009.
The HP Secure Hard Disk is standard on the xh model and optional for the n and dn models.
Color access control capabilities vary from device to device. Buyer’s Lab gave HP color control features an “Outstanding Achievement” award in December 2007.
1 GB memory is standard for xh model only. The n and dn models feature 512 MB of memory—expandable up to 1 GB.
Not included. Please purchase separately.
Program availability varies. HP print cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 49 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program.
Automatic two-sided printing is standard on the dn model and optional for the n model.
Not included. Please purchase separately.
HP EasyColor is available on HP Universal Print Drivers—available for free
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||42 ppm|
|Print speed (colour, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||42 ppm|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||9.5 s|
|Time to first page (colour, normal)||9.5 s|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||540 x 522 x 420 mm|
|Package weight||44 kg|
|Package dimensions (WxDxH)||746 x 644 x 549 mm|
|Standard input capacity||500 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity||2100 sheets|
|Multi-Purpose tray capacity||100 sheets|
|Number of standard paper trays||2|
|Maximum number of paper trays||5|
|Standard output capacity||500 sheets|
|Maximum resolution||1200 x 1200 DPI|
|Maximum duty cycle||120000 pages per month|
|Number of print cartridges||4|
|Standard printer languages||PCL 5c, PCL 6, PostScript 3|
|Printing colours||Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, USB 2.0|
|Minimum processor||1 GHz|
|Minimum RAM||1024 MB|
|Minimum hard disk space||16000 MB|
|Internal memory||512 MB|
|Maximum internal memory||1024 MB|
|Power consumption (typical)||740 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||72 W|
|Power consumption (PowerSave)||19 W|
|Power consumption (off)||0.3 W|
|Printing noise level||54 dB|
|Standby acoustic emission||35 dB|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A4|
|Standard tray media types||Bond paper, Card stock, Envelopes, Labels, Plain paper, Pre-Printed, Recycled paper, Transparencies|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4, A5, A6|
|JIS B-series sizes (B0...B9)||B5, B6|
|Envelopes sizes||C5, C6, DL|
|Photo paper sizes||10x15"|
|Standard tray media weight||60 - 220 g/m²|
|Maximum print size||A4 (210 x 297 mm)|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||10 - 30 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||0 - 35 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 80%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Supported network protocols (IPv4)||Auto-IP, SLP, Telnet, IGMPv2, BOOTP/DHCP, WINS, IP Direct Mode, WS Print|
|Supported network protocols (IPv6)||DHCPv6, MLDv1, ICMPv6|
|Energy Star certified||Yes|
|Minimum system requirements||CD-ROM|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||CISPR 22: 2005/EN 55022: 2006 Class A, EN 61000-3-2: 2006, EN 61000-3-3: 1995+A1+A2, EN 55024: 1998+A1+A2, FCC Title 47 CFR, Part 15 Class A (USA), GB9254-1998, EMC 2004/108/EC|
|Safety||IEC, EN, IEC, UL/cUL, GS|
|Print margin bottom (A4)||4.3 mm|
|Print margin left (A4)||4.3 mm|
|Print margin right (A4)||4.3 mm|
|Print margin top (A4)||4.3 mm|
|Colour of product||Black, Grey, White|
|Processor frequency||800 MHz|
|Windows operating systems supported||Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Premium x64, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Professional x64, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows XP Home, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Professional x64|
|Mac operating systems supported||Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard|
|Server operating systems supported||Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008|
|Other operating systems supported||Novell NetWare 5.x, Novell NetWare 6.x|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!