HP-exclusive 6-colour high-definition scanning for photos, slides, film and negatives.
Convert packs of photos, slides, film and negatives into easy-to-manage digital images. Get superior colour accuracy with industry-leading 6-colour, 96-bit scanning technology – exclusive to HP. Capture the finest detail too at 4800 x 9600-dpi resolution2 and get crisp, high definition results for beautiful reprints, enlargements and creative projects.
Scan stacks of photos, slides, films or negatives, and automatically remove dust and scratches.
Capture multiple originals at once – up to sixteen 35 mm slides, 30 negative frames, two medium format (120 mm) film frames, one large format (4 x 5 inch) film frame or four 10 x 15 cm prints – and save as separate files. Remove dust and scratches at the touch of a button using built-in infrared technology – no need for software touch-ups. Keep important documents safe too, with clear, crisp scans at the touch of a button – you can even scan 3-D objects such as books and valuables.
Preserve your memories at the touch of a button – plus easy colour restoration and photo fixing.
Choose one-touch photo or film scanning for optimised settings. Bring old or damaged photos, slides, film and negatives back to life with a range of easy-to-use tools. Restore faded colour, remove red-eye and bring detail out of dark photos, all using HP Real Life technologies. Manage your documents – make copies and reprints at the touch of a button too, and save files as PDFs for easy sharing. Organise, edit and email photos – without large attachments – with HP Photosmart Software.
|Weight & dimensions|
|Package weight||6.89 kg|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||USB 2.0|
|Minimum system requirements||Windows XP 2000: 233 MHz; Windows XP, XP x64, 2000; 128 MB RAM, 500 MB; USB; CD-ROM; 800 X 600 SVGA; 16-bit colour; Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2;
Windows Vista: 800 MHz; Windows Vista/Vista x64; 512 MB RAM, 450 MB; CD-ROM; 800 X 600 SVGA; DirectX 9; Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 7
|Minimum hard disk space||500 MB|
|Minimum RAM||128 MB|
|Minimum processor||233 MHz|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64; Windows Vista;
Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 +
|Windows operating systems supported||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Yes|
|Power consumption (typical)||25 W|
|Maximum scan size||216 x 311 mm|
|Optical scanning resolution||4800 ? 4800|
|Gray scale levels||256|
|Input colour depth||96 bit|
|Flatbed scan speed (b/w, A4)||10 sec/page|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 60 °C|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||10 - 35 °C|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||50 - 95 °F|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Multi feed detection||No|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4|
|Scanning media types supported||Card stock, Envelopes, Photo paper, Plain paper|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A4|
|Energy Star certified||Yes|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||CE, FCC, ACA, GOST, MIC, BSMI, CCC|
|Scan input modes||Scan, Scan film, Copy, Scan to PDF|
|Scan speed in preview mode||8.5 s|
|Scan speed (OCR, A4)||25 s|
|Scan speed (4x6, colour photo)||30 s|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||303 x 508 x 108 mm|
|Minimum system requirements for Macintosh||Mac OS X v10.3.9, v10.4 +; PowerPC (G3, G4, G5 processor), Intel Core; 128 MB RAM, [250 MB v10.4 +], 250 MB|
|Package dimensions (WxDxH)||596 x 184 x 439 mm|
|Recommended operating temperature range (T-T)||10 - 35 °C|
|Scan speed footnote||Actual processing speeds may vary depending on scan resolution, network conditions, computer performance, and application software.|
|Film type||35 mm|
|Image scaling/enlargement range||10 - 2400%|
|Control panel||Scan, Scan film, Copy, Scan to PDF|
|Safety||IEC 60950-1:2001, Canada (cUL), China (CCC), Russia (GOST), European Union (UL GS), Taiwan (BSMI), USA (UL)|
|Scan speed (film)||32 s|
|Exifprint supported||v 2.2|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||303 x 508 x 108 mm (11.9 x 20 x 4.25")|
|Colour of product||Black, Grey|
|Bundled software||HP Photosmart
HP Photosmart Share
HP Adaptive Lighting
HP Image Editor
|Scan file formats||BMP, GIF, HTM, PCX, PDF, PNG, RTF, TIFF|
|Scan to||File, Image, OCR|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!