Canon imageFORMULA P-215
High-speed, mobile document scanner for the office, for home or on the move.
In the office, at home or on the move the stylish P-215 has true plug-and-scan convenience. It is the fastest, portable scanner with duplex scanning speeds of up to 30ipm.
- Speedy USB powered scanning up to 30ipm
- Batch scanning with 20-sheet ADF
- Ultra compact for space saving and mobility
- Supports ID and embossed card scanning
- Scan to Google Docs and Evernote
- Outstanding image quality
- Powerful software supports Mac and PC
- Enjoy Wi-Fi scanning with optional WU10
Most productive USB-powered scanning
The imageFORMULA P-215 is the most productive scanner in its class. With double-sided scanning speeds up to 30ipm and an industry-leading 20-page automatic document feeder users can scan efficiently, in the office, at home or on the move. Full-rated scanning speeds can be powered via just a single USB cable using a USB 3.0 interface.
Ultra compact for space saving and mobility
With a sophisticated smart silver and black design, the ultra-lightweight, compact P-215 is ideal for the office. Its small footprint allows the scanner to fit comfortably on the busy desktops. True plug-and-scan is possible by simply connecting the scanner to any PC or Mac. Canon’s unique built in CaptureOnTouch Lite software is ready to go – there’s no need to load drivers or application software.
Dedicated ID card scanner
With card scanning becoming increasingly important for ID authentication, the P-215 has its own dedicated card scanning slot. A sophisticated switchback feed mechanism ensures it quickly scans ID and embossed cards.
Enhanced image processing
Advanced technology allows for high precision scanning up to 600dpi. A rich range of image processing features, such as auto colour detection, auto text orientation recognition, ensure superb scan quality that is ideal for creating searchable PDFs.
Direct scanning to the cloud
Users have the option to scan direct to various cloud services, including Evernote, GoogleDocs™ and SharePoint. This allows information to be quickly uploaded to the cloud, for anywhere, anytime access.
Powerful software suite
The P-215 uses both ISIS and TWAIN drivers to allow for easy integration with your standard imaging application and includes a full-suite of software applications to help users work more effectively. The intuitive interface of Canon’s CaptureOnTouch software makes scanning easy. It incorporates a Full-Auto Mode function, which automatically applies the best settings to scan jobs. PageManager (Mac) and PaperPort (Windows) provides effective file management and conversion tools. While scanning business cards has never been easier with the BizCard application
Software Developer Kits
Available for CaptureOnTouch and CaptureOnTouch Lite (embedded on the scanner) allowing developers to seamlessly integrate the P-215 with custom software applications and create connectivity to 3rd party applications.
GENERAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
|Type||USB Powered Sheetfed Scanner|
|Scanning sensor unit||CMOS CIS 1 Line Sensor|
|Light source||RGB LED|
|Scanning side||Front / Back / Duplex|
|Interface||Hi speed USB 2.0 & USB 3.0|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||Tray Closed: 285 (W) x 95 (D) x 40 (H)mm
Tray Opened: 285 (W) x 257 (D) x 174 (H)mm
|Power requirements||USB 2.0 bus power: 0.5A (1.0A in combination with power supply USB cable)
USB 3.0 bus power: 0.9A
Optional AC Adaptor DC6V. 0.8A
|Power consumption||USB cable only: 2.5W (USB 2.0), 4.5W (USB 3.0)
USB cable and power supply USB cable: 5.0W (USB 2.0), 7.0W (USB 3.0)
Sleep mode: 1.5W, Power OFF: 0.1W
|Operating environment||10 – 32.5ºC (50 – 90.5ºF), Humidity: 25 – 80% RH|
|Environmental compliance||RoHS and ENERGY STAR|
|Black and White||With USB 3.0: 15ppm / 30ipm, with USB 2.0: 12ppm / 14ipm|
|Colour||With USB 3.0: 10ppm / 20ipm, with USB 2.0: 10ppm / 10ipm|
|Output resolution||150 x 150dpi, 200 x 200dpi, 300 x 300dpi, 400 x 400dpi, 600 x 600dpi|
|Output mode||Black & White, Error Diffusion, Advanced Text Enhancement II, 8-Bit Greyscale: (256-Level), 24-Bit Colour, Auto Colour Detection|
|Suggested Daily Duty Cycle||Approx 500 scans / day|
|Width||50.8 - 216mm|
|Length||70 - 356mm|
|Thickness||52 - 128g/m² (0.06 - 0.15mm)|
|Long document mode||Up to 1,000mm|
|Card scanning||54 x 86 x 1.4mm (Embossed card scanning is supported)|
|Paper separation||Separation Pad Method|
|Feeder capacity||20 sheets (64g/m²)|
|-||Automatic Page Size Detection, Deskew, 3- Dimensional Colour Correction, Colour Dropout (RGB), Auto Colour Detection, Shading Correction, Text Enhancement, MultiStream, Preset Gamma Curve, Scan Panel, Prescan, Image Rotation, Skip Blank Page, Select Scanning Document Side, Scan Area Setting, Text Orientation, Continuous Scanning, Edge Enhancement, Moire Reduction, Prevent Bleed Through/Remove Background, Contrast Arrangement, Colour Drift, Background Smoothing, Shadow Cropping, Auto Resolution Setting|
|Windows||ISIS /TWAIN Driver
Presto! BizCard Reader
Evernote, SharePoint, Google Docs
EMC Captiva Cloud Runtime Controls
Presto! BizCard Reader
Evernote, SharePoint, Google Docs
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!