Brother ADS2800W High-Speed Desktop Scanner
The ImageCenter ADS-2800W Desktop Scanner with Wired and Wireless Networking offers powerful features for mid- to large size workgroups that help simplify the way documents are captured, managed, processed, and delivered. Using the 50-page capacity auto document feeder, it captures single and double-sided documents in a single pass at speeds of up to 30ppm‡, making it perfect for scanning multi-page, two-sided business documents, as well as single-page documents up to 196″ long‡, receipts, business and plastic cards.
With Wireless and Gigabit Ethernet networking plus Web Connect, the ImageCenter ADS-2800W offers simple PC-free scanning to a wide variety of destinations, including cloud applications‡ such as GOOGLE DRIVE, EVERNOTE / EVERNOTE for Business, DROPBOX, BOX / BOX for Business, Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive / OneDrive for Business, as well as mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app‡, directly from the easy-to-use 3.7″ swipe color TouchScreen display.
The ImageCenter ADS-2800W includes a robust suite of scanning software, including OCR, PDF editing, and desktop document management programs. It is also certified with Kofax VRS‡, an industry leader in image processing software that dynamically evaluates each scanned page and automatically applies the correct image quality settings for maximum output enhancement.
Plus, integration with Brother Solutions Interface (BSI), which allows developers to access Brother’s internal web services to create custom solutions and enhance business workflows, makes the ADS-2800W the complete scanning package for your business.
- Fast Scan Speeds – Scans single and double-sided materials in a single pass, in both color and black/white, at up to 30ppm‡
- Multi-Page Scanning – From the 50-sheet capacity auto document feeder (ADF)
- Wireless & Wired Gigabit Ethernet Networking with Web Connect‡ – Enables direct scanning to a variety of cloud applications including GOOGLE DRIVE, EVERNOTE / EVERNOTE for Business, DROPBOX, BOX / BOX for Business, Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive / OneDrive for Business‡
- 3.7″ Swipe Color TouchScreen Display – With 48 programmable shortcuts for one-touch scanning to common destinations
- Advanced Security Features – Provides a wide-range of security features including: Secure Function Lock, SSL/TLS, Enterprise Security (802.1x), network user authentication and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory (including LDAP)
- High-Precision Scanning – Up to 600 x 600 dpi optical resolution, 1200 x 1200 dpi interpolated
- Integrated Image Optimization Features – Including hole punch removal, background removal, blank page removal, deskew support, and more
- Advanced Scanning Features – Such as 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11″ x 17″ documents, and Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file
- Flexible Media Handling – Easily scans documents, photos, receipts, business and embossed plastic cards, and more – from business card size up to 8.5″(W) x 196″(L)‡
- Bundled with a Valuable Software Suite – Including PDF editing, OCR, and desktop document management programs
- Kofax VRS Certified‡ – An industry leader in image processing software that automatically examines scanned materials and applies the appropriate image correction settings for optimal scan results
- Windows, Mac, and Linux compatible
- Brother Solutions Interface (BSI) Integration – Allows developers to access Brother’s internal web services to create custom solutions and enhance business workflows
- Outstanding Support – Includes a one-year limited warranty plus free phone support for the life of the product
Fast, secure, wireless desktop document scanner ready to help enhance your workflow
The Brother ImageCenter ADS-2800W Desktop Scanner is a robust and reliable addition to your mid- to large-size workgroup which will help simplify the way documents are captured, managed, processed, and delivered. Ideally suited for most office environments, the ADS-2800W offers both wireless 802.11 b/g/n and wired Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity standard, plus Wi-Fi Direct and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 for local connections. Use the 3.7-inch Touchscreen display to help streamline workflows with Web Connect feature, which enables scanning to a variety of destinations, including popular crowd applications1. With color scan speeds of up to 30ppm2, single-pass duplex (two-sided) scanning, a 50-sheet capacity automatic document feeder, and daily duty cycle of up to 2,500 pages3, the ADS-2800W is designed to efficiently tackle demanding document capture requirements.
Advanced document capture solutions designed for businesses
With flexible media handling capabilities, the ADS-2800W can digitize materials ranging from embossed plastic cards to documents up to 196 inches long4 at resolutions of up to 1200×1200 dpi (interpolated) and 600×600 (optical). It also includes a variety of integrated image optimization features to help maximize output quality, including hole punch removal, edge cleanup, despeckle, background removal and more. Advanced scanning features further enhance capture versatility, including 2-in-1 Mode for capturing 11″ x 17″ documents, and Continuous Scan Mode for scanning unlimited pages into a single file.
Aiding businesses to manage their document-driven processes more efficiently and productively, the ADS-2800W comes bundled with a robust suite of scanning software. This includes ABBYY FineReader, which provides unmatched text recognition accuracy and document conversion capabilities, and ABBYY PDF Transformer+ (Windows only), enabling users to create, convert, edit, and protect PDF documents with ease.
The ADS-2800W is also certified with Kofax Express and Kofax VRS Elite software5. Kofax’s patented image enhancement and optimization software helps reduce the time involved in manual document preparation and automatically enhances the quality of scanned images, dramatically improving both manual scanning productivity and the efficiency of document capture processes.
Workflow versatility with Touchscreen simplicity
The ADS-2800W gives you the option to scan to a number of different destinations to help you manage your documents and workflows. You can scan documents to cloud applications such as Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive/OneDrive for Business, GOOGLE DRIVE/GOOGLE DRIVE for Work, EVERNOTE/EVERNOTE Business, BOX/BOX for Business, DROPBOX and more, directly from the easy-to-use 3.7” color Touchscreen display1. Users can also scan directly to a USB flash drive6, shared folder, email server, and FTP/SFTP to quickly save, distribute, and share information. The ADS-2800W even supports scanning to compatible mobile devices using the free Brother iPrint&Scan app7.
Secure scanning solutions adaptable to the way you do business
The Advanced Security Features loaded into the ADS-2800W provides a wide-range of security features including Secure Function Lock, SSL, Enterprise Security (802.1x), network user authentication, and corporate email address lookup via Active Directory (using LDAP).
And should your document capture and workflow needs require customization, the Brother Solutions Interface (BSI) is an open interface framework supported by the ADS-2800W. It provides a flexible means for VARs, System Integrators, and clients with in-house development capability to customize the scanner for unique applications. Application developers can use BSI to seamlessly integrate internal Brother functions and user interface features into existing commercial or privately developed document management and imaging workflows.
Brother is At Your Side with outstanding customer support
We offer a one-year limited warranty on the ADS-2800W and stand behind your purchase with FREE phone support for the life of your product. Whether you have a product question or a technical issue, Brother is always At Your Side.
|Scanning Speed ‡ (ppm)||30|
|Two-Sided (Duplex) Scanning||Yes|
|Duplex Scan Speed ‡ (ipm)||Up to 60 ipm (monochrome & color)|
|Automatic Document Feeder||50-sheet capacity ADF|
|Standard Interface(s)||Wireless 802.11b/g/n (with Wi-Fi Direct® protocol), Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T, and Hi-Speed USB 2.0|
|Networking Capability||Yes (Wireless & Wired LAN)|
|Direct Scanning Destinations ‡||File, Image, Email, Email Server, FTP/SFTP, OCR, Print, Network, USB flash memory drive‡, mobile devices‡, and cloud applications including GOOGLE DRIVE™, EVERNOTE® / EVERNOTE® for Business, DROPBOX, BOX / BOX for Business, Microsoft® OneNote®, OneDrive® / OneDrive® for Business, and SharePoint®|
|LCD Display||3.7″ Color Swipe TouchScreen Display|
|Maximum Paper Capacity||Up to 50 sheets (ADF)|
|Scanning Modes||24-bit color, 8-bit (256 levels) gray scale, 1 bit monochrome|
|Max. Optical Resolution||Up to 600 x 600 dpi|
|Max. Interpolated Resolution||Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|Image Sensor||Dual CIS|
|Daily Duty Cycle ‡||Up to 2,500 scans per day|
|Programmable Shortcut Buttons||Yes (48)|
|Web Connect‡||Google Drive/Google Drive for Business;Evernote/Evernote for Business;OneDrive/OneDrive for Business;OneNote;Dropbox/Dropbox for Business;Box/Box for Business;Facebook;FLICKR|
|Mobile Device Compatibility‡||Yes (Brother iPrint&Scan)‡|
|Paper Jam Sensor||No|
|Blank Page Removal||Yes|
|Continuous Scanning Mode||Yes|
|USB Direct Interface||Yes ‡|
|Plastic Card Scanning||Yes|
|Software Included||ABBYY® FineReader® Sprint v.12, ABBYY® PDF Transformer+ (Windows®), Nuance™ PaperPort™ 14SE (Windows®), Control Center 4 (Windows®), Control Center 2 (Mac®)|
|Kofax VRS®||Certified with Kofax VRS® versions Elite 5.1 and Express 3.2 (not included)|
|Color Dropout||Red, Blue, Green, Custom|
|Hole Punch Removal / Edge Fill||Yes|
|Acceptable Media Types||Paper, receipts, photos, business cards, plastic/laminated cards (including embossed)|
|Max. Paper Size (single sheet)||8.5″ x 196″‡|
|Max. Paper Size (multiple sheets)||8.5″ x 14″|
|Max. Paper Size (duplex mode)||8.5″ x 14″|
|Media Weights (single sheet)||11 lb. – 110 lb.|
|Media Weights (multiple sheets)||11 lb. – 110 lb.|
|Minimum Paper Size||2″ X 2″|
|Plastic Card Thickness||Embossed: up to 1.4mm (55 mil)|
|Plastic Card Sizes (min. / max.)||2.0″(W) x 2.76″(L) / 2.13″(W) x 3.37″(L)|
|Scan Drivers Included ‡||TWAIN, WIA, ICA, ISIS, SANE|
|Unit Dimensions (W” x D” x H”)||12.1″ x 10.2″ x 9.8 “|
|Unit Weight||10.03 lbs|
|Power Source||AC Adapter (110-120 V, included)|
|Power Consumption||0.12W Off/3.0W Ready/ 27W Scanning / 1.9W Sleep|
|ENERGY STAR® Qualified||Yes|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows® XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Mac® OS X v10.8.x and up, Linux®|
|Supported Network Protocols (IPv4)||ARP, RARP, BOOTP, DHCP, APIPA(Auto IP), WINS/NetBIOS name resolution, DNS Resolver, mDNS, LLMNR responder, Custom Raw Port/Port9100, SMTP Client, FTP Client and Server, LDAP Client, CIFS Client, SNMPv1/v2c/v3, HTTP/HTTPS server, TFTP client and server, ICMP, Web Services (Scan), SNTP Client|
|Operating Environment: Humidity||20% – 80%|
|Operating Environment: Temperature||41°F – 95°F (5°C – 35°C)|
|Carton Contents||ImageCenter™ ADS-2800W Scanner, AC Adapter, USB Cable, Carrier Sheet, Quick Setup Guide, Installation DVD, User’s Guide (accessible from DVD), Warranty Sheet, and Product Registration Sheet|
|Carton Dimensions (W” x D”x H”)||15.0″ x 10.0″ x 13.0″|
|Carton Weight (lbs)||13.67 lbs|
|Scanning Capability||Black and White; Color|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!