HP Jetdirect 640n Print Server
- The HP Jetdirect 640n is a reliable print networking device that offers high-speed wired functionality, easy setup, full manageability, backward compatibility, and enterprise-class security features.
- Quickly connect to shared printers and MFPs throughout your office, over a gigabit network.
- Maintain rigorous standards through IPv6 network features: more IP addresses than IPv4 and IPsec security.
- Help reduce costs witht off-the-shelf functionality and backward compatibility.
- Guard your print network via IPsec, SNMPv3, Kerberos, 802.1x, SSL/TLS, ACL, PWD protection, and IPP over TLS.
- Increase the security of HP devices as soon as they are added to the network with HP Instant-on Security.
- Rely on HP Web Jetadmin for efficient installation, configuration, and management of multiple devices.
- Easily configure and manage printing with embedded web server capapbilities.
- Help maintain security compliance with HP Imaging and Printing Security Centre’s automated monitoring.
- Suit your needs with widely compatible, scalable server that can easily accomodate future enhancements.
- Get up and running quickly using a modular internal card that fits the EIO slot of compatible HP Devices.
- Set up in a snap with easy configuration and full-fleet options. including improved installation wizard.
- Count on support for a wide range of industry-standard operaring systems and network protocols.
Connectivity, standard: RJ-45 (10/100/1000 Base-T)
Compatible operating systems
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Professional 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 2000; Mac OS X v 10.2, Mac OS X v 10.3, Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher, Novell NetWare 5.1 or higher, Red Hat Linux 7.x or higher, SuSE Linux 8.x or higher, HP-UX 10.20, 11.x, 11.i, Solaris 2.5 or higher (SPARC), AIX 3.2.5 or higher, MPE-iX, Citrix MetaFrame, Windows Terminal Services
Embedded web server: Yes
Support epp and ecp: No
Print job buffering: Yes
IPP support: Yes
Supported network protocols
Browser supported: Internet Explorer 5.x and higher; Safari; Mozilla 1.x; Firefox 1.x; Chrome
Network types: Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Ethernet 802.3, (10/100/1000T, 802.3/802.3u/802.3ab)
Ports: RJ-45 (10/100/1000 Base-T)
Print server type: Internal
Security management: Secure configuration and management based on industry standards including SNMP v 3; SSL/TLS (HTTPS); 802.1X authentication; IPsec
Network upgradeable firmware: Yes
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!