Transform your black and white documents with the B840, the A3 printer with the speed, versatility and the footprint of an A4 device. With sharp mono output, provided by innovative digital LED technology, the B840 brings A4/A3 mono printing closer to your small to medium workgroup.
View your documents in an A3 perspective
Gone are the days of having to decipher your spreadsheets and diagrams with a magnifying glass. The B840 offers you the option to print in A3 format, allowing you to get a bigger and clearer perspective.
Faster speeds and desktop versatility
The B840 combines the convenience of fast desktop A4 printing speeds of up to 40ppm with A3 output, whilst also being of a size that sits comfortably on a desktop.
Affordable A3 mono printing for any size of business
The B840 is competitively priced and brings affordable, A3 mono printing, to every business, large or small. Ideal for larger volume printing, document proofing or a range of other applications, the B840 is a valuable addition to any office.
Reliable LED technology with a three-year warranty as standard
Built to last, with reliable digital LED printing technology, and a three-year warranty at no extra cost, the B840 is designed to offer low running costs and a low total cost of ownership that puts A3 printing in the reach of businesses and workgroups in every sector.
|Warm-up time||5 s|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||40 ppm|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A3)||22 ppm|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||19 s|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||485 x 521 x 373 mm|
|Standard input capacity||530 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity||1690 sheets|
|Multi-Purpose tray capacity||100 sheets|
|Number of standard paper trays||1|
|Standard output capacity||350 sheets|
|Maximum resolution||1200 x 1200 DPI|
|Standard printer languages||Epson FX, IBM ProPrinter, PCL 5e, PostScript 3|
|Number of print cartridges||1|
|Maximum duty cycle||100000 pages per month|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, Parallel, USB 2.0|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||1|
|Internal memory||128 MB|
|Maximum internal memory||640 MB|
|Power consumption (PowerSave)||15 W|
|Power consumption (off)||1.2 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||75 W|
|Power consumption (typical)||1200 W|
|Standby acoustic emission||37 dB|
|Printing noise level||54 dB|
|Maximum print size||A3 (297 x 420 mm)|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A3, A4, A5|
|ISO B-series sizes (B0...B9)||B4, B5|
|Envelopes sizes||9, 10, C5, C6, DL|
|Standard tray media types||Envelopes, Labels|
|ISO C-series sizes (C0...C9)||C4|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A3|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-10 - 43 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||20 - 80%|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||10 - 32 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Management protocols||TCP/IP: ARP, IPv4/v6, ICMP, TCP, UDP, LPR, PORT9100, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, IPP, SNMP v1/v3, TELNET, BOOTP, DHCP, DNS, DDNS, UPnP, Bonjour, WINS, SMTP, POP3, SNTP, WSDPrint, LLTD; NetWare 4.1J/5J/6J with full NDS support:- PServer, RPrinter; EtherTalk: ELAP, AARP, DDP, AEP, NBP, ZIP, RTMP, ATP, PAP; IEEE802.1x; NetBEUI: SMB, NetBIOS; Other: EAP-TLS, PEAP, IPSec|
|Security algorithms||802.1x RADIUS, SSL/TLS|
|Supported network protocols (IPv4)||Y|
|Supported network protocols (IPv6)||Y|
|Processor frequency||533 MHz|
|Windows operating systems supported||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard|
|Linux operating systems supported||Yes|
|Server operating systems supported||Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 x64|
|Bundled software||Configuration Tool, Driver Installer, Front End, OKI LPR, Network Card Setup, Network Extension, PrintSuperVision, Template Manager, Print Control Server, Print Control Client, Print Control Report Tool, Storage Device Manager, PDF Print Direct, Web Driver Installer|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!