- Finish tasks faster with a printer that starts right away and helps conserve energy.1Multi-level device security helps protect from threats. Original HP Toner cartridges with JetIntelligence and this printer produce more high-quality pages.
Accelerate your work and use less energy
Don’t wait for documents. Print your first page in as few as 8.5 seconds from energy-efficient sleep mode.
Speed through jobs on a variety of media. Print two-sided documents without sacrificing performance slowdowns for duplexing.
Now over 20% smaller – this printer fits in tight places and delivers quiet operation.
Unparalleled fleet security and management
Embedded features detect security threats and heal your printer, protecting it from boot up to shutdown.
Protect sensitive data stored on the printer and in transit, using embedded and optional security features.
Protect sensitive business data with embedded and optional HP JetAdvantage Security Solutions.
Centralise control of your print environment with HP Web Jetadmin – and help build business efficiency.
More. Pages, Performance, and Protection.
Produce sharp text, bold blacks, and crisp graphics with precision black toner.
Get more. Original HP Toner with JetIntelligence delivers more pages per cartridge than predecessors.
Get the professional results you expect from HP with a choice of JetIntelligence cartridges to fit your budget.
Help ensure the Original HP quality you paid for with anti-fraud and cartridge authentication technology.
Stay connected with secure mobile printing options
Enable 128-bit encrypted wireless direct printing from mobile devices – without accessing the network.
Print with just a touch of your NFC-enabled mobile device to this printer – no network needed.
Easily access, print, and share resources with Ethernet and optional wireless networking.
- Print speed black:
- Normal: Up to 43 ppm 1
- First page out (ready)
- Black: As fast as 5.9 sec 2
- Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
- Up to 150,000 pages 3
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 2,000 to 7,500 4
- Print technology
- Processor speed
- 1.2 GHz
- Print languages
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5 (HP PCL 5 driver available from the Web only), HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v1.7)
- 10.9 cm (4.3″) colour touchscreen
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint
Wireless Direct Printing
- Wireless capability
- Yes, built-in NFC Touch-to-Print
- Wireless direct printing
- Connectivity, standard
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port
- Built-in Fast Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx, Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Connectivity, optional
- HP Jetdirect 2900nw Print Server J8031A
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 8/8.1 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 7 all 32 & 64-bit editions, Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc)
- CD-ROM, DVD drive or Internet connection
- Dedicated USB, network or wireless connection
- 200 MB available hard disk space
- OS compatible hardware (for OS hardware requirements, see http://www.microsoft.com)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- 1 GB available hard disk space
- OS compatible hardware (for OS hardware requirements, see http://www.apple.com)
- Compatible operating systems
- Windows OS compatible with In-Box Driver: Windows 10 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 8/8.1 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 7 all 32 & 64-bit editions, Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc)
Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (from HP.com): Windows 10 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 8/8.1 all 32 & 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 7 all 32 & 64-bit editions, Windows Vista all 32 & 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc)
Mac OS (HP Print Drivers available from http://www.hp.com and Apple Store): OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): iOS, Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT
Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x)
Other OS: UNIX
- 512 MB
- Maximum memory
- 1.5 GB
- Internal Storage
- Optional, 500 GB minimum encrypted hard disk drive
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose Tray 1
- 550-sheet input Trays 2 and 3
- automatic duplex printing
- Paper handling input, optional
- Up to 2 optional 550-sheet paper feeders
- Paper handling output, standard
- 250-sheet output bin
- Maximum output capacity (sheets)
- Up to 250 sheets
- Duplex printing
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: A4, A5, A6, B5, 10 x 15 cm, post cards (JIS single and double), envelopes (DL, C5, C6, B5)
- Tray 2: A4, A5, B5, double postcard
- Optional trays 3+: A4, B5, double postcard
- Optional Automatic Duplexer: A4
- Media sizes, custom
- Tray 1: 76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm; 550-sheet input Tray 2: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm; Optional 550-sheet input Tray 3+: 105 x 148 to 216 x 356 mm
- Media types
- Paper (bond, colour, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough), envelopes, labels, cardstock, transparencies, user-defined
- Supported media weight
- Tray 1: 60 to 200 g/m²; Tray 2+: 60 to 120 g/m²
Power and operating requirements
- Input voltage: 200 to 240 VAC, 50 Hz
- Power consumption
- 741.98 watts (printing), 13.72 watts (ready), 2.51 watts (sleep), 0.08 watts (auto-off), 0.08 watts (off)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- EPEAT Silver
- Blue Angel compliant
- Blue Angel RAL-UZ 205
- Operating temperature range
- 15 to 32.5°C
- Recommended operating humidity range
- 30 to 70% RH
- Acoustic power emissions (ready)
- 4.0 B(A) 6
- Acoustic pressure emissions bystander (active, printing)
- 54 dB(A) 6
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 418 x 376 x 481 mm 14
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 418 x 639 x 481 mm 14
- 15.8 kg
- Package dimensions (W x D x H)
- 564 x 498 x 713 mm
- Package weight
- 22.1 kg
- What’s in the box
- HP LaserJet Enterprise M506x Printer
Introductory HP Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (6,000 pages)
CDs containing software and electronic documentation
550-sheet Paper Tray
- Cable included
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!