Why the Epson LQ-690
Designed with the dot matrix user in mind, our latest model has an impressive print speed of up to 529 cps. This flexible and compact printer can easily handle cut sheets, continuous paper, labels, envelopes and cards. It has a built-in Print Speed Enhancer to increase the speed of bit image printing, making it an ideal printer for those in the most demanding of work environments.
Print faster and more productively, thanks to the Print Speed Enhancer – a unique feature in the Epson driver. Perfect for those printing directly from any Windows ® applications. – Also, LQ-690 is capable of printing an impressive 529 cps (12 cpi) when using printer resident fonts.
High ribbon yield:
In a demanding and fast-moving work environment, a high ribbon yield is essential, and with 10 million characters per ribbon, this marks out the LQ-690 as a leading force in the flatbed market. It is also cost-effective with long ribbon replacement cycles, low running costs and total cost of ownership.
Durable and built to last, users will be assured by the MTBF (mean time between failures) of 20,000 power on hours, plus a print head life of 400 million strokes/wire. This results in greater productivity and less maintenance – essential when producing large amounts of documents and data.
This compact hard-working printer is designed to fit on your desk. The platen gap adjustment lever is thoughtfully hidden under the front cover, to avoid accidental setting changes and paper setting is made easy thanks to the ruler in the front paper guide.
- Quality: The 106 column capacity with 24 pins means greater quality
- Speedy: Impressive print speed of 529 cps
- Productive: Big memory buffer of 128 KB and built-in Print Speed Enhancer ensures faster printing of bit image data
- Reliable: Combined power of print head life and MTBF of 20,000 hours
- Energy efficient: Low power consumption so better for environment
PRINTING METHODImpact dot matrix
NUMBER OF PINS24 pins
NUMBER OF COLUMNS106 columns
PRINTING SPEEDLQ: 12 cpi: 132 chars/s, 10 cpi: 110 chars/s, Draft: 12 cpi: 396 chars/s, 10 cpi: 330 chars/s, HighSpeed-Draft: 12 cpi: 529 chars/s, 10 cpi: 440 chars/s
BARCODESCoda bar (NW-7), Code 128, Code 39, EAN-13, EAN-8, Industrial 2 of 5, Interleaved 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, POSTNET, UPC-A, UPC-E
CARBON COPIES6 plus one original
CHARACTER TABLESPC437, PC708, PC720, PC850, PC858, PC864, PCAR864, ISO-8859-15, Roman 8, Italic
PRINTING RESOLUTION360 x 180 DPI
INTERFACESBidirectional parallel, USB 2.0 Type B
Paper / Media Handling
DOCUMENT FEEDSingle sheet front, Continuous paper rear, Paper output front
PAPER FORMATSSheet Paper (single- and multi-layer), Continuous Paper (single- and multi-layer), Labels (single- and multi-layer), Roll Paper, Envelopes, Cardboard
PAPER THICKNESS CONTINUOUS PAPER0.065 mm – 0.49 mm
PAPER THICKNESS LABEL BASE SHEET0.16 mm – 0.19 mm
PAPER THICKNESS LABEL TOTAL SHEET0.16 mm – 0.19 mm
PAPER THICKNESS MULTI PART0.12 mm – 0.49 mm
PAPER THICKNESS SINGLE SHEET0.065 mm – 0.19 mm
ENERGY USE38 Watt, 3 Watt (standby)
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS480? x 370 x 210 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
PRODUCT WEIGHT6.8 kg
TEMPERATUREOperation 5° C – 35° C
HUMIDITYOperation 10% – 80%
COMPATIBLE OPERATING SYSTEMSWindows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 98, Windows XP
INCLUDED SOFTWAREEpson Status Monitor
MEAN TIME BETWEEN FAILURES20,000 Hours
PRINT HEAD LIFE400 Million Strokes/Wire
SOUND PRESSUREOperation: 57 dB (A)- Standby: 54 dB (A)
FONTSBitmap font EPSON Courier (10 CPI, 12 CPI, 15 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Draft (10 CPI, 12 CPI, 15 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON OCR-B (10 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Orator (10 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Orator-S (10 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Prestige (10 CPI, 12 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Roman (10 CPI, 12 CPI, 15 CPI, Proportional), Bitmap font EPSON Sans Serif (10 CPI, 12 CPI, 15 CPI, Proportional), Bitmap font EPSON Script (10 CPI), Bitmap font EPSON Script C (Proportional), Scalable font EPSON Roman, Scalable font EPSON Roman T, Scalable font EPSON Sans Serif, Scalable font EPSON Sans Serif H
MEMORY128 kB Included
RIBBON YIELD10000000 characters Black Draft
WHAT’S IN THE BOXDriver and utilities (CD), Main unit, Power cable, Ribbon, Setup guide, Software (CD), User manual (CD), Warranty document
EMULATIONSIBM PPDS, ESC/P2
WARRANTY12 months Carry in
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!