Low-TCO dot matrix printer
Nine-pin dot matrix printer offering faster printing, outstanding reliability and extremely low TCO.
The FX-890II is a high-volume, low TCO 80-column dot matrix printer designed for fast, reliable printing. A contemporary new design and smaller footprint make upgrading easy and add a range of new features for unprecedented flexibility.
Market-leading print speeds¹
The FX-890II offers an improved USD (ultra speed draft) speed of 735 characters per second at 12 characters per inch, making a real difference to high-volume print runs such as stock reports and large batches of invoices or freight documents.
Epson’s dot matrix technology is already mature and very reliable, and these new printers improve the mean time between failure by 25% to 25,000 power-on hours, ideal for challenging conditions or where regular maintenance is not practical.
Epson’s new range of dot matrix printers has a refreshed design with a smaller footprint – depth has been reduced to just 320mm – making it easy to place into a business environment.
- Printing Method: Impact dot matrix
- Number of Pins: 9 pins
- Number of columns: 80 columns
- Needles: 18 Needles (2 x 9)
- Printing Speed: NLQ: 10 cpi: 115 chars/s, Draft: 10 cpi: 463 chars/s, HighSpeed-Draft: 10 cpi: 612 chars/s
- Barcodes: Coda bar (NW-7), Code 128, Code 39, Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, POSTNET, UPC-A, UPC-E
- Carbon Copies: 6 plus one original
- Character Sets: 42
- Character Tables: PCAPTEC, PC437, PC720, PC850, PC858, ISO-8859-15, Roman 8, Italic
- Printing Resolution: 240 x 144 DPI
- Interfaces: USB, Bidirectional parallel
Paper / Media Handling
- Document Feed: Single sheet front and rear, Continuous paper front and rear, Paper output rear
- Paper Formats: Sheet Paper (single- and multi-layer), Continuous Paper (single- and multi-layer), Envelopes, Cardboard
- Paper Thickness Continuous Paper: 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Label Base Sheet: 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Multi Part: 0.12 mm – 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Single Sheet: 0.06 mm – 0.14 mm
- Energy Use: 54 Watt, 0.5 Watt (economy), 8 Watt (standby)
- Supply Voltage: AC 198 V – 264 V
- Energy Star: Yes
- Product dimensions: 414 x 375 x 177 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Product weight: 7.2 kg
- Temperature: Operation 5° C – 35° C, Storage -30° C – 60° C
- Humidity: Operation 10% – 80%, Storage 30% – 60%
- Mean Time Between Failures: 25,000 Hours
- Print Head Life: 400 Million Strokes/Wire
- Noise Level: Operation: 55 dB (A)
- Ribbon Yield: 7 characters Black Draft
- What’s in the box: AC cable, Driver and utilities (CD), Ribbon, User guide
- Emulations: IBM PPDS, ESC/P
- Input Data Buffer: 128 kB
- Warranty: 12 months Carry-in