- Plug-n-Use Design for Seamless Storage Space Upgrade
- Online Volume Expansion
- SATA III 6Gb/s Interface Support
- Redundant Power Supplies Ensure Service Uptime (RX1214RP only)
- Energy-Saving Deep Sleep Mode
- Easy Installation with Screwless Rail Kit (optional)
- Managed from Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Volume Expansion & Backup
When running out of hard drive capacity on the Synology RackStation, Synology RX1214/RX1214RP provides an easy way to immediately scale capacity by additional 12 hard drives. The RAID volume on the Synology RackStation can be expanded directly without having to reformat the existing hard drives, ensuring the Synology RackStation continues its service during the capacity expansion. Synology RX1214/RX1214RP can be used as a dedicated local backup solution for the Synology RackStation. When created as a separate volume, the Synology RX1214/RX1214RP provides a great backup solution to its local hard disks in case of system failure.
Reliable Plug-n-use Design
Synology RackStation securely connects to Synology RX1214/RX1214RP with an high-bandwidth expansion cable that ensures maximum throughput. It allows the hard drives in the connected Synology RX1214/RX1214RP to operate as they are the internal ones of the Synology RackStation, with no lag in data retrieval. With SATA III 6Gb/s interface support, Synology RX1214/RX1214RP unleashes the full performance of the installed drives and provides outstanding data transfer rate. To ensures 24/7 service uptime, Synology RX1214RP is equipped with redundant power supplies, allowing automatic fail-over support if one of the PSUs is failed.
Green & Easy to Manage
Deep Sleep can be manually configured to take effect automatically when the system has been inactive for a period of time. This not only saves energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disk. The RX1214/RX1214RP will also smartly power on/off with the attached RackStation, so no user intervention is needed to keep this system running smartly and efficiently.
|Supported Models (See More)||
|Note||DSM version requirement: 4.2-3320 or later version|
|Compatible Drive Type||
|Maximum Internal Raw Capacity||72 TB (6 TB HDD X 12) (Capacity may vary by RAID types) (See All Supported HDD)|
|Hot Swappable Drive||Y|
|RAID Management through Synology DSM||Y|
|Size||88 mm X 445 mm X 570 mm|
14 kg (for RP model)
|Power Recovery||Synchronized with the Synology RackStation|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||400W
2 X 400W (for RP model)
|AC Input Power Voltage||100V to 240V AC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 HZ, Single Phase|
|Power Consumption||108W (Access)
30W (HDD Hibernation)
2.61W (Deep Sleep)
121W (Access, for RP model)
39W (HDD Hibernation, for RP model)
6.46W (Deep Sleep, for RP model)
|Redundant Power Supply (for RP model)|
|Operating Temperature||5°C to 35°C (40°F to 95°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 70°C (15°F to 155°F)|
|Relative Humidity||5% to 95% RH|
|System Fan||80 mm X 80 mm X 4 pcs|
|Easy Replacement System Fan||Y|
|Noise Level||40.5 dB(A)
42.2 dB(A) (for RP model)
|Note||Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 1TB ST31000520AS hard drive(s) in idle; Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up at 1 meter away from the Synology NAS front and rear; Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75?C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%|
|Environment & Packaging|
|Optional Accessories||Synology RKS1314 - Rail Kit Sliding|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!