Epson EB-685W HD-Ready Classroom Projector
The EB-685W’s ultra-short-throw design allows you to present large images from a very short distance with minimised shadows and glare. With a brightness level of 3,500 lumens, an HD-ready WXGA resolution, a 14,000:1 contrast ratio, and HDMI input, students benefit from sharp, clear images.
High-quality, bright images
Epson’s 3LCD technology ensures high-quality images with equally high White and Colour Light Output for vivid colours and bright images, even in daylight, and three times brighter colours than leading competitive projectors1.
Keep costs down
Project for longer with improved reliability and a longer lamp life of up to 10,000 hours in eco mode.
Split-screen functionality allows two pieces of content to be displayed simultaneously without compromising on quality. The moderator function allows teachers to remain in control, choosing what content to display.
Optional wireless capability
Wirelessly display content easily from a range of smart devices and Google Chromebooks using our iProjection App2.
Document camera compatibility
Connecting the optional Epson document camera allows you to easily display images and 3D objects with incredible detail for the whole class to see.
- Up to 100-inch display and outstanding quality: HD-ready WXGA resolution with Epson 3LCD technology
- Reliable: Improved reliability and a longer lamp life
- Wireless Connectivity (Optional): Allows content to be shown from a range of devices
- Long lamp life: Up to 10,000 hours in eco mode
- Ultra short throw projection: For maximum installation flexibility
Product features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
PROJECTION SYSTEM3LCD Technology
LCD PANEL0.59 inch with D9
COLOUR LIGHT OUTPUT3,500 Lumen- 2,900 Lumen (economy)
WHITE LIGHT OUTPUT3,500 Lumen – 2,900 Lumen (economy) In accordance with ISO 21118:2012
RESOLUTIONWXGA, 1280 x 800, 16:10
HIGH DEFINITIONHD ready
CONTRAST RATIO14,000 : 1
LAMP250 W, 5,000 h durability, 10,000 h durability (economy mode), 9,000 h durability (economy mode)
KEYSTONE CORRECTIONManual vertical: ± 3 °, Manual horizontal ± 3 °
COLOUR PROCESSING10 Bits
2D VERTICAL REFRESH RATE100 Hz – 120 Hz
COLOUR REPRODUCTIONUpto 1.07 billion colours
PROJECTION RATIO0.28 – 0.37:1
ZOOMDigital, Factor: 1 – 1.35
IMAGE SIZE60 inches – 100 inches
PROJECTION DISTANCE WIDE0.4 m ( 60 inch screen)
PROJECTION DISTANCE TELE0.6 m ( 100 inch screen)
PROJECTION LENS F NUMBER1.6
FOCAL DISTANCE3.7 mm
OFFSET5.8 : 1
USB DISPLAY FUNCTION3 in 1: Image / Mouse / Sound
INTERFACESUSB 2.0 Type A, USB 2.0 Type B, RS-232C, HDMI in (3x), Composite in, RGB in (2x), RGB out, Stereo mini jack audio out, Stereo mini jack audio in (3x), Microphone input, Wired Network, Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11b/g/n (optional), VGA in (2x), VGA out, MHL
EPSON IPROJECTION APPAd-Hoc / Infrastructure
SECURITYKensington lock, Password lock, Security cable hole, Wireless LAN unit lock, Wireless LAN security, Password protection
2D COLOUR MODESDynamic, Cinema, Presentation, sRGB, Blackboard
FEATURESAuto brightness adjustment, Automatic input selection, Built-in speaker, CEC compatible, Customizable user logo, Digital zoom, Direct Power on/off, Document Camera Compatible, Dynamic lamp control, Easy OSD pre-setting, Home Screen, Long lamp life, Split-Screen-Function, Wireless LAN capable
VIDEO COLOUR MODESBlackboard, Dynamic, Presentation, Sports, sRGB, Theatre, Whiteboard
PROJECTOR CONTROLvia: AMX, Crestron, Control4
ENERGY USE354 Watt, 309 Watt (economy), 0.37 Watt (standby)
SUPPLY VOLTAGEAC 220 V – 240 V, 50 Hz – 60 Hz
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS367? x 400 x 149 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
PRODUCT WEIGHT5.7 kg
NOISE LEVELNormal: 35 dB (A) – Economy: 30 dB (A) – Eco2: 29 dB (A)
TEMPERATUREOperation 5° C – 40° C, Storage -10° C – 60° C
HUMIDITYOperation 20% – 80%, Storage 10% – 90%
INCLUDED SOFTWAREEasyMP Monitor, EasyMP Multi PC Projection
OPTIONSAir filter, Connection and control box, Document camera, External Speaker, USB extension cable, Wireless LAN unit
COMPATIBLE OPERATING SYSTEMSLinux, Mac OS 10.10.x, Mac OS 10.7.x, Mac OS 10.8.x, Mac OS 10.9.x, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
WHAT’S IN THE BOXCD Manual, Main unit, Power cable, Quick Start Guide, Remote control incl. batteries, USB cable, Wall hanging bracket, Warranty card
COLOURWhite / Grey
WARRANTY36 months Carry in or 8,000 h, Lamp: 12 months or 1,000 h
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!