Ideal for small to medium-size businesses and cost-conscious enterprises that need advanced scanning features, access to time-saving commands through the easy-to-use touchscreen, and convenient networking that can lower their environmental impact.
Finish faster – with less standing around – using single-pass, dual-head scanning.
- Maintain peak performance with fast print speeds of up to 40 ppm . Rely on a robust recommended monthly page volume of 2000 to 6000 pages.
- Handle high-volume printing without worries, thanks to a 600-sheet paper input, expandable to 1100 sheets , and a 250-sheet output tray.
Work faster, single-pass, dual-head scanning. Scan documents and send digital files to email, the cloud, network folders or a USB drive, in one easy step.
- Save paper with two-sided printing, and use the 50-sheet automatic document feeder to heighten productivity.
- Work smarter – access, store and print content quickly from the 8.89 cm colour touchscreen.
- Easily complete a range of print, copy, scan and fax tasks. Go from zero to done, right at the MFP.
- Access, store and print web content from the MFP’s touchscreen using business apps installed on the device.
- Save time with an easy-to-install Original HP cartridge, and cut costs, using an optional high-capacity cartridge.
- Efficiently monitor and manage this MFP, using HP Web Jetadmin to track office printing and device status.
Get set up fast with HP Smart Install – no CD needed , and share wirelessly across the office.
Enjoy unparalleled flexibility: print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.
Get started fast with HP Smart Install – no CD needed . Use HP Auto Wireless Connect to configure networking without wires. 
Use resources more efficiently with wireless and 10/100/1000T Gigabit Ethernet networking– easily print and share.
And pull print jobs from your pocket – walk up and print right from a memory device via the USB port.
Save energy with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, Instant-on Copy, and Instant-on Technology.
Help reduce energy and conserves resources. Use HP Instant-on Copy and HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
With the HP EcoSMART Console, you get instant access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings. So you can centrally configure all your printers to use the most energy- and resource-efficient settings.
Cut your environmental impact and costs even further with automatic two-sided printing.
Easily recycle used cartridges for free, with HP Planet Partners.
-  HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. For information on compatibility, visit www.hp.com/go/autowirelessconnect
-  HP wireless direct printing, built-in wireless connectivity and HP Auto Wireless Connect are only available on the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M521dw.
-  Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 50 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Europe, and North and South America, through the HP Planet Partners programme. For more information, visit: www.hp.com/recycle
-  Printing speed measured using ISO/IEC 24734 and excludes first set of test documents. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. First page out exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software program, document complexity, network, media width, media weight, environment, and job size.
-  Optional paper capacity up to 1,100 sheets. 1 x 500-sheet paper tray not included; please purchase separately’’
-  Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. App availability varies by country, language and agreements. For details, see www.hpconnected.com
-  HP 55X Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge not included; please purchase separately.
-  HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin
-  HP Smart Install works with Microsoft® Windows® only.
-  Requires an Internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (for a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details, see www.hpconnected.com). Mobile devices require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require firmware upgrades.
-  HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology is subject to printer and settings. Instant-on Technology claim based on comparison with products that use traditional fusing. Instant-on Copy claim based on comparison with fluorescent tubes.
|Maximum resolution||1200 x 1200 DPI|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||40 ppm|
|Standard printer languages||PCL 5e, PCL 6, PostScript 3|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||8 s|
|Auto document feeder (ADF) input capacity||50 sheets|
|Standard input capacity||500 sheets|
|Multi-Purpose tray capacity||100 sheets|
|Maximum output capacity||250 sheets|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Package weight||29.6 kg|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless LAN|
|Scan type||Flatbed & ADF|
|Maximum scan resolution||1200 x 2400 DPI|
|Scan to||E-mail, Fax, File, Image|
|Maximum scan area||216 x 356 mm|
|Scan speed (colour)||14 ppm|
|Scan speed (black)||19 ppm|
|Optical scanning resolution||300 x 300 DPI|
|Copier resize||25 - 400%|
|Copy speed (normal quality, black, A4)||40 cpm|
|Maximum number of copies||99 copies|
|Maximum copy resolution||600 x 600 DPI|
|Modem speed||33.6 Kbit/s|
|Fax broadcasting||100 locations|
|Fax memory||250 pages|
|Fax speed dialing (max numbers)||100|
|Fax resolution||300 x 300 DPI|
|Power consumption (PowerSave)||18.2 W|
|Power consumption (off)||0.3 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||4.3 W|
|AC input voltage||220 - 240 V|
|AC input frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption (average operating)||760 W|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||30 - 70%|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||10 - 32 °C|
|Maximum print size||A4 (210 x 297 mm)|
|Envelopes sizes||B5, C5, C6|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4, A5, A6|
|ISO B-series sizes (B0...B9)||B5, B6|
|Standard tray media types||Card stock, Envelopes, Labels, Plain paper, Transparencies|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A4|
|Wi-Fi standards||802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n|
|Mobile printing technologies||Apple AirPrint|
|Display diagonal||8.89 cm (3.5")|
|Internal memory||256 MB|
|Maximum internal memory||256 MB|
|Energy Star certified||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Yes|
|Windows operating systems supported||Yes|
|Linux operating systems supported||Yes|
|Server operating systems supported||Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012|
|All-in-one functions||Copy, Fax, Print, Scan|
|Colour all-in-one functions||scan|
|Number of print cartridges||1|
|Processor frequency||800 MHz|
|Maximum duty cycle||75000 pages per month|
|Recommended duty cycle||2000 - 6000 pages per month|
|Colour of product||Black, Grey|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!