Ideal for enterprise, medium and small businesses wanting a reliable workgroup colour solution with high quality, multifunction capabilities and a simple control panel; IT decision makers looking for market-leading management and security features.
Easily achieve brilliant colour output.
- Process jobs at the MFP with the award-winning HP Easy Select control panel. Print from the walk-up USB port with a flash drive.
- Achieve sharp contrast and bright colour with high-gloss HP ColorSphere toner. HP ImageREt delivers crisp, consistent detail.
- Save time with pre-installed Original HP LaserJet print cartridges and high-capacity black cartridges.
- Improve productivity with paper capacity up to 2,100 sheets; sort, collate, staple or stack documents with a 900-sheet, 3-bin mailbox.
Experience market-leading fleet management and extensibility.
- Save time and money: manage printing fleets with industry-leading HP Web Jetadmin. Easily control who prints in colour with HP Color Access Controls.
- Simple setup wizards for save-to-folder and scan-to-email functions make digital workflows more efficient.
- Extend your MFP capabilities with a rich portfolio of HP and third-party solutions that are easy to integrate.
- Easily print from anywhere, anytime, with a smartphone, notebook PC or other mobile device, using HP ePrint.
Protect your data with advanced security features.
- Protect sensitive data stored on your HP MFP with the standard encrypted HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.
- Attach security solutions to the control panel's hardware integration pocket for a seamless appearance.
- Process jobs securely without compromising efficiency via PIN authentication. Expand the number of IP addresses on your network with IPv6, and implement network access control with IPsec.
- Create, print, scan and share sensitive business information securely via encrypted e-mail and PDFs.
Minimise your environmental impact.
- Get up to 50% energy savings over competitive products, using Instant-on Technology.
- Save paper and conserve resources – use digital workflows, two-sided printing, PIN print and image preview.
- Recycle with ease – print cartridges returned through HP Planet Partners are recycled responsibly.
- Reduce shipping materials with HP ClearView packaging9 and optional high-capacity black print cartridges.
|Maximum resolution||600 x 600 DPI|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||40 ppm|
|Print speed (colour, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||40 ppm|
|Standard printer languages||PCL 5c, PCL 6, PDF 1.4, PostScript 3|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||11.5 s|
|Time to first page (colour, normal)||11.5 s|
|Print margins (top, bottom, right, left)||4.3 mm|
|Auto document feeder (ADF) input capacity||50 sheets|
|Maximum input capacity for envelopes||10|
|Standard input capacity||500 sheets|
|Multi-Purpose tray capacity||100 sheets|
|Standard output capacity||500 sheets|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Package weight||62 kg|
|Ports & interfaces|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, USB 2.0|
|Gray scale levels||256|
|Scan type||Flatbed & ADF|
|Scan to||E-mail, FTP, USB|
|Image formats supported||JPG, TIF|
|Maximum scan area||Legal (216 x 356)|
|Scan speed (black)||42 ppm|
|Optical scanning resolution||600 x 600 DPI|
|Input colour depth||30 bit|
|Copier resize||25 - 400%|
|Copy speed (normal quality, black, A4)||40 cpm|
|Copy speed (normal quality, colour, A4)||40 cpm|
|Maximum number of copies||9999 copies|
|Maximum copy resolution||600 x 600 DPI|
|Power consumption (PowerSave)||21.5 W|
|Power consumption (off)||0.3 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||91 W|
|AC input frequency||50 Hz|
|Power consumption (average operating)||780 W|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 80%|
|Recommended humidity operating range||30 - 70|
|Recommended operating temperature range (T-T)||15 - 27 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||0 - 35 °C|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||10 - 30 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Maximum print size||Legal (216 x 356 mm)|
|Auto Document Feeder (ADF) media weight||60 - 120 g/m²|
|Envelopes sizes||B5, C5, C6, DL|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4, A5, A6|
|JIS B-series sizes (B0...B9)||B5|
|Standard tray media types||Card stock, Envelopes, Glossy paper, Labels, Plain paper, Pre-Printed, Recycled paper, Transparencies|
|ISO C-series sizes (C0...C9)||C5|
|Non-ISO print media sizes||Legal, Letter|
|Standard tray media weight||60 - 216 g/m²|
|Custom media width||76 - 216 mm|
|Custom media length||210 - 356 mm|
|Maximum ISO A-series paper size||A4|
|Security algorithms||802.1x RADIUS, EAP, EAP-TLS, PEAP, SSL/TLS|
|Display diagonal||20.3 cm (8")|
|Display resolution||800 x 300 pixels|
|Minimum hard disk space||220 MB|
|Internal memory||1280 MB|
|Maximum internal memory||1280 MB|
|Card reader integrated||No|
|Energy Star certified||Yes|
|Certification||CISPR 22, EN, FCC, GB, EMC, IEC|
|Mac operating systems supported||Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard|
|Server operating systems supported||Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 x64|
|Acoustic power emissions||7.3B(A)|
|Acoustic pressure emissions||57 dB|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||905 x 623 x 575 mm|
|Minimum system requirements for Macintosh||150MB HDD|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Scan file formats||PDF, TIFF, XPS|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Windows Vista (32/64-bit)
Windows XP SP2+ (32/64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 (32/64-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2003 (32/64-bit)
Mac OS X v10.4+
|Duplex ADF scanning||Y|
|All-in-one functions||Copy, Print, Scan|
|Colour all-in-one functions||copy, print, scan|
|Number of print cartridges||4|
|Processor frequency||800 MHz|
|Maximum duty cycle||175000 pages per month|
|Printing colours||Black, Magenta, Yellow|
|Recommended duty cycle||9000|
|Built-in processor||Intel LE80578|
|Duplex functions||print, scan|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!