Low-TCO dot matrix printer
Nine-pin dot matrix printer offering faster printing, outstanding reliability and extremely low TCO.
The FX-890II is a high-volume, low TCO 80-column dot matrix printer designed for fast, reliable printing. A contemporary new design and smaller footprint make upgrading easy and add a range of new features for unprecedented flexibility.
Market-leading print speeds¹
The FX-890II offers an improved USD (ultra speed draft) speed of 735 characters per second at 12 characters per inch, making a real difference to high-volume print runs such as stock reports and large batches of invoices or freight documents.
Epson’s dot matrix technology is already mature and very reliable, and these new printers improve the mean time between failure by 25% to 25,000 power-on hours, ideal for challenging conditions or where regular maintenance is not practical.
Epson’s new range of dot matrix printers has a refreshed design with a smaller footprint – depth has been reduced to just 320mm – making it easy to place into a business environment.
- Printing Method: Impact dot matrix
- Number of Pins: 9 pins
- Number of columns: 80 columns
- Needles: 18 Needles (2 x 9)
- Printing Speed: NLQ: 10 cpi: 115 chars/s, Draft: 10 cpi: 463 chars/s, HighSpeed-Draft: 10 cpi: 612 chars/s
- Barcodes: Coda bar (NW-7), Code 128, Code 39, Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5, POSTNET, UPC-A, UPC-E
- Carbon Copies: 6 plus one original
- Character Sets: 42
- Character Tables: PCAPTEC, PC437, PC720, PC850, PC858, ISO-8859-15, Roman 8, Italic
- Printing Resolution: 240 x 144 DPI
- Interfaces: USB, Bidirectional parallel
Paper / Media Handling
- Document Feed: Single sheet front and rear, Continuous paper front and rear, Paper output rear
- Paper Formats: Sheet Paper (single- and multi-layer), Continuous Paper (single- and multi-layer), Envelopes, Cardboard
- Paper Thickness Continuous Paper: 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Label Base Sheet: 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Multi Part: 0.12 mm – 0.46 mm
- Paper Thickness Single Sheet: 0.06 mm – 0.14 mm
- Energy Use: 54 Watt, 0.5 Watt (economy), 8 Watt (standby)
- Supply Voltage: AC 198 V – 264 V
- Energy Star: Yes
- Product dimensions: 414 x 375 x 177 mm (Width x Depth x Height)
- Product weight: 7.2 kg
- Temperature: Operation 5° C – 35° C, Storage -30° C – 60° C
- Humidity: Operation 10% – 80%, Storage 30% – 60%
- Mean Time Between Failures: 25,000 Hours
- Print Head Life: 400 Million Strokes/Wire
- Noise Level: Operation: 55 dB (A)
- Ribbon Yield: 7 characters Black Draft
- What’s in the box: AC cable, Driver and utilities (CD), Ribbon, User guide
- Emulations: IBM PPDS, ESC/P
- Input Data Buffer: 128 kB
- Warranty: 12 months Carry-in
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!