NETGEAR’s family of Prosafe™ Gigabit Smart Switches is purposely designed for SMB customers with high performance, SMB-oriented features and easy management. With 16 or 24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode per port, plus two shared SFP ports, the GS716T-200 and GS724T-300 will enable SMB networks to support Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media, multicasting, security, and many other bandwidth-intensive applications like ERP and large file transfers.
The GS716T-200 and GS724T-300 come with a comprehensive set of features, such as access control lists (ACL), 802.1x port authentication, enhanced QoS, rate limiting and IGMP snooping among others to provide a small and medium-sized business with a network that is geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability.
The GS716T-200 and GS724T-300 come with a comprehensive set of features, such as access control lists (ACL), 802.1x port authentication, enhanced QoS, rate limiting and IGMP snooping among others to provide a small and medium-sized business with a network that is geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability. In addition, an intuitive, Web-browser interface offers the simple Smart Switch management, making it a snap to monitor switch performance, configure ports, even set up port trunks, VLANs, and traffic prioritization. Alternatively, use SNMP-based software to manage your Smart Switch. Shipped ready for use straight out of the box, it delivers switching that’s easy to set up and use. NETGEAR ProSafe Smart Switches are ideal for adding basic management to your unmanaged networks or extending your managed networks.
16 or 24 10/100/1000 ports deliver non-blocking, full-speed packet forwarding with 48 Gbps bandwidth migrates your network to future-proof functionality. Two Dual Personality SFP GBIC fiber slots provide optional fiber connectivity for greater distance.
- Up to 70% power savings compared to the non-Green version.
- Auto power-down mode saves energy when port is unused.
- Cable length detection reduces power usage when network cable is shorter than 10 meters.
Smart Switch capability enables key management features for the value price of an unmanaged switch. Included are performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN for traffic control, port trunking for increased bandwidth, and Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization.
Ideal Advanced Security
These Gigabit Smart Switches provide advanced features that provide more robust security to the SMBs. These include:
- 802.1x for authentication
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses.
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. The ProSafe Gigabit Smart Switch provides an extensive set of QoS features:
- 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based prioritization
Easy-going and Durable
Simple to set up and simple to use for effortless network monitoring and troubleshooting. Made to last, this sturdy switch is housed in a 17-inch metal box and comes with a rack-mounting kit.
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||16|
|SFP/SFP+ slots quantity||2|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T|
|Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity||16|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1S, IEEE 802.1W, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Broadcast storm control||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Input voltage||100 - 240|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 55 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||32 - 131 °F|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows|
|MAC address table||8000 entries|
|Supported data transfer rates||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Number of VLANs||128|
|Maximum data transfer rate||1 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|MIB support||RFC 1213, RFC 1643, RFC1493|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Management protocols||SNMPv1, v2c, v3, IGMP, DHCP|
|Data link protocols||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Supported network protocols||SNTP, HTTP & HTTPS|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||440 x 260 x 43 mm|
|Power supply||16.5 W|
|Networking features||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Electromagnetic emissions||CE, FCC Part 15 Class A, VCCI Class A, EN 55022, EN 55024, C-Tick|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||439.4 x 259.1 x 43.2 mm (17.3 x 10.2 x 1.7")|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||No|
|Safety||UL, IEC 950/EN 60950, CE, CUL 60950, CB, CCC|
|Noise level||33 dB|
|Packet buffer memory||512 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!