Quality of Service (QoS)
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue guaranteed minimums
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ports
- IPv6: IPv6 host: allows the switches to be managed and deployed at the edge of an IPv6 network. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): provides a transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6; supports connectivity for both protocols. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface; prevents IPv6 multicast traffic from flooding the network.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- IEEE 802.3at Power Over Ethernet Plus: provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for PoE-/PoE+-powered devices such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/tilt/zoom security cameras
- Pre-standard PoE support: detects and provides power to pre-standard PoE devices; see list of supported devices in the product FAQ at www.hp.com/networking/support
Resiliency and high availability
- External redundant power supply: provides high reliability
- IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Protocol (LACP) and HP port trunking: support up to 24 trunks, each with up to 8 links (ports) per trunk
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree: provides high link availability in multiple VLAN environments by allowing multiple spanning trees
- Dual flash images: provides independent primary and secondary operating system files for backup while upgrading
- Friendly port names: allow assignment of descriptive names to ports
- Find-Fix-Inform: finds and fixes common network problems automatically, then informs administrator
- Multiple configuration files: allow multiple configuration files to be stored to a flash image
- Software updates: free downloads from the Web
Layer 2 switching
- VLANs: provide support for 512 VLANs and 4,094 VLAN IDs
- Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9220-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers
- IEEE 802.1v protocol VLANs: isolate select non-IPv4 protocols automatically into their own VLANs
- Layer 3 routing
- Static IP routing: provides manually configured routing; includes ECMP capability
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): provides RIPv1 and RIPv2 routing
- Access control lists (ACLs): provide IP Layer 3 filtering based on source/destination IP address/subnet and source/destination TCP/UDP port number
- Source-port filtering: allows only specified ports to communicate with each other
- RADIUS/TACACS+: eases switch management security administration by using a password authentication server
- Secure Shell: encrypts all transmitted data for secure remote CLI access over IP networks
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL): encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
|Ports & interfaces|
|Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity||2|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||24|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Fast Ethernet (10/100)|
|Installed SFP modules quantity||2|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3ad, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x|
|Power consumption (typical)||22.1 W|
|AC input voltage||100-240 V|
|AC input frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 55 °C|
|Heat dissipation||95 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|MAC address table||16000 entries|
|Switching capacity||12.8 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Latency (1 Gbps)||2.9 µs|
|Latency (10-100 Mbps)||8.3 µs|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Management protocols||SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, SMON, CLI|
|Electromagnetic immunity||EN 55024, CISPR 24; IEC 61000-4-2; IEC 61000-4-3; IEC 61000-4-4; IEC 61000-4-5; IEC 61000-4-6; IEC 61000-4-8; IEC 61000-4-11; EN 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-3-3|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||No|
|Safety||EN 60950/IEC 60950; CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950; EN 60825; UL 60950|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||FCC Class A; VCCI Class A; EN 55022/CISPR 22 Class A|
|Internal memory||512 MB|
|Processor frequency||400 MHz|
|Flash memory||4 MB|
|Built-in processor||Freescale PowerPC 8313|
|Packet buffer memory||1 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!