The HP 2530 Switch Series offers uplink flexibility with four Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on all 24- and 48-port models. Gigabit Ethernet uplinks are four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) slots for fiber connectivity on the 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet models.
The Fast Ethernet 24- and 48-port models have two SFPs and two RJ-45 Gigabit uplinks. The compact and fanless 8-port switches offer additional flexibility with two dual-personality ports that can be used as either RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet or SFP ports.
For customers implementing Power over Ethernet for voice, video, or wireless deployments, the HP 2530 PoE+ switches are IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at compliant with up to 30 W per port. The switch series is easy to use, deploy, and manage via SNMP, CLI, and Web GUI.
It offers flexible wall, table, and rack mounting; quiet operation with fanless and variable speed fan models; and improved power savings, with features such as IEEE 802.3 az (Energy Efficient Ethernet). These switches include a lifetime warranty, as well as all software releases and technical phone support.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification with support for eight priority levels mapped to either two or four queues; uses weighted deficit round robin (WDRR) or strict priority (SP)
- Simplified QoS configuration: Port-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a port and priority level. VLAN-based: prioritizes traffic by specifying a VLAN and priority level.
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ
- Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums for all ingressed traffic or for broadcast, multicast, or unknown destination traffic
- Layer 4 prioritization: enables prioritization based on TCP/UDP port numbers
- Choice of management interfaces: Web graphical user interface (GUI): HTML-based easy-to-use graphical interface allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser. Command-line interface (CLI): provides advanced configuration and diagnostics through a robust CLI. Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv1/v2c/v3): allows a switch to be managed with a variety of third-party network management applications.
- Virtual stacking: provides single IP address management for up to 16 switches
- sFlow (RFC 3176): delivers wire-speed traffic accounting and monitoring configured by SNMP and CLI with three terminal encrypted receivers
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): automates device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications
- Logging: provides local and remote logging of events via SNMP (v2c and v3) and syslog; provides log throttling and log filtering to reduce the number of log events generated
- IPv6: IPv6 host: allows the switch to be deployed and managed at the edge of an IPv6 network. Dual stack (IPv4/IPv6): supports connectivity for both protocols; provides a transition mechanism from IPv4 to IPv6. MLD snooping: forwards IPv6 multicast traffic to the appropriate interface; prevents IPv6 multicast traffic from flooding the network.
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus: provides up to 30 W per port to IEEE 802.3 for PoE/PoE+-powered devices such as video IP phones, IEEE 802.11n wireless access points, and advanced pan/tilt/zoom security cameras (see product specifications for total PoE power available)
- Auto-MDIX: adjusts automatically for straight-through or crossover cables on all ports
- Pre-standard PoE support: detects and provides power to pre-standard PoE devices
Layer 2 switching
- VLANs: provides support for 512 VLANs and 4,094 VLAN IDs
- Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9220-byte frame size to improve the performance of large data transfers; 8- and 24-port Fast Ethernet models automatically support up to 2000-byte frames with no configuration needed
- 16K MAC address table: provides access to many Layer 2 devices
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol: allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs
- Per-VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+): allows each VLAN to build a separate spanning tree to improve link bandwidth usage in network environments with multiple VLANs
|Ports & interfaces|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T|
|Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity||2|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||8|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Fast Ethernet (10/100)|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3u|
|Power consumption (typical)||76.7 W|
|AC input voltage||100-240 V|
|AC input frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Heat dissipation||29 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|MAC address table||16000 entries|
|Switching capacity||5.6 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Latency (1 Gbps)||2.3 µs|
|Latency (10-100 Mbps)||1.3 µs|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Total Power over Ethernet (PoE) budget||67 W|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Internal memory||256 MB|
|Processor frequency||800 MHz|
|Memory type||DDR3 DIMM|
|Flash memory||128 MB|
|Packet buffer memory||1.5 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!