Count on Barracuda® drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
Maximizes hard drive storage densities.
Barracuda 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables new storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Green where it counts.
Barracuda® 1TB-per-disk hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states–without sacrificing performance.
Barracuda desktop drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Barracuda® drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
- Low power consumption
Your no-hassle transition to 4K sectors.
Are you worried about moving to Advanced Format 4K sector technology? You don’t have to be with Barracuda drives.
Seagate SmartAlign™ technology makes this transition a snap:
- No utilities to run
- No extra integration steps to take up your time
Go beyond 2TB with DiscWizard™ software.
The sure way to get native access to hard drives bigger than 2TB is to adopt the new BIOS standard called UEFI. If you’re not there yet, Seagate has an alternative.
Free DiscWizard™ software from Seagate provides you a means to effectively utilize your 3TB Barracuda® drive, even with Windows XP and using the standard PC BIOS. Get your free copy to go beyond 2TB today!
PERFECT WHEN YOU NEED TO:
- Build desktop or all-in-one PCs
- Create PC-based gaming systems
- Implement a desktop RAID
- Outfit direct attached external storage devices (DAS)
- Build network attached storage devices (NAS)
|Weight & dimensions|
|Drive device, buffer size||16 MB|
|Hard disk number of heads||2|
|Read seek||8.5 ms|
|Write seek||9.5 ms|
|Hard drive capacity||500 GB|
|Average latency||4.16 ms|
|Track to track seek time (read/write)||1.2 ms|
|Hard drive interface||Serial ATA III|
|Hard drive speed||7200 RPM|
|Hard drive size||3.5"|
|Bytes per sector||4096|
|Power consumption (typical)||6.19 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||0.79 W|
|Start-up current||2 A|
|Power consumption (idle)||4.6 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 60 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Operating shock||70 G|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-40 - 70 °C|
|Non-operating shock||350 G|
|Operating altitude||-304.8 - 3048 m|
|Non-operating altitude||-304.8 - 12192 m|
|Operating vibration||0.5 G|
|Non-operating vibration||3 G|
|Data transfer rate||6 Gbit/s|
|Native Command Queuing (NCQ)||Yes|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!