We respect your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information we may collect, and how we might use this information. This policy also describes other important topics relating to your privacy.
Data contoller: Weable CC.
Registered office: 21 Lindsay road, Ballito, 4399
We hereby confirm that your personal data shall be collected in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (Act 4 of 2013) ('POPIA') in the Republic of South Africa. All reasonable technical and administrative measures shall be applied in order to protect your personal data from loss, unauthorized use and / or changes of data.
Persons under the age of 16 cannot provide any personal information through our site / social networking accounts. If you are a person below the age of 16, before submitting personal information, you must obtain a consent of your parents or other legal guardians.
The terms used in these rules are understood as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (Act 4 of 2013) ('POPIA') in the Republic of South Africa.
It is very important that you carefully read these privacy policies, because each time you visit this Site, you agree to the terms described herein. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not visit our Site, do not use our content and / or services. Click on “Read More” in each section to find detailed information about the processing of your personal data and the specifics of our business.
How do we collect information about you?
Your personal data, e.g. any information about you that allows us to recognize you is collected in various ways:
- you may provide us with information directly (e.g. filling in a registration form, creating an account, submitting request/order, Live Chat on our Help Desk, Creating a Ticket via our Help Desk Software, Emailing Us, Talking to us on the phone, etc.);
- we may collect information automatically (e.g. when you access our website, social account);
- we may acquire information from third parties and collect information about you from publicly available sources (e.g. through Facebook, LinkedIn social network, your company website or otherwise).
What information about you do we collect?
Registration: Your name, last name, telephone number, country, account creation date, email, VAT number, billing and physical address, request number, order number and date, invoice number and date, Model Numbers (items), VAT amount, payment method, payment transaction ID.
Payment information are collected by 3rd Party service providers like Paygate and Paypal.
User content: Texts, photos, and other images and similar all related to product or service support.
Google Analytics: Weable CC is using Google Analytics to track standard user data on traffic sources, visitor behavior flow, audience overview. We may use your user ID to track specific behavior, however, it cannot be connected to other data we are collecting about the users.
Server logs and Cookies: When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit. These records typically include IP-address, access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, and other information of such kind. See also our Information on Cookies usage below.
Where do we store your personal data?
Please be informed that we store your personal data in digital format in a secured datacenter located in Newlands, Cape Town and Centurion, Gauteng.
For what purposes do we use information about you and on what legal basis?
Subject to the above, information is processed for the following purposes:
- to create account;
- to administer a sale;
- to address the customer`s problem concerning Helpdesk;
- to provide information, which was requested by you, related to the delivery of services or goods;
- for marketing purposes, e.g. to provide tailor-made advertisements and promotional content and to send reports about promotional activities, to evaluate and analyze market, customers, products and services (including collecting your opinion on products and services, organizing customers / partners surveys, contests or promotional activities to the extent permitted by law);
- to find out how people use our online services in order to improve them and create new content, products and services;
- to defend our interests in court or in other institution.
- compliance with legal obligations to which we are subjects;
- a legitimate business interest that is not overridden by interests you have to protect the information;
- in certain cases, your consent.
Who do we share your information with?
We may share information about you:
- with companies that provide services on our request;
- with companies that help organize marketing provision (eg. Sendgrid);
- with other responsible selected business partners;
- with other third parties, where required or permitted by law, or is necessary to protect our legitimate interests;
- with other entities upon your consent.
Where might information about you be sent?
When using information as described in this notice, information about you may be transferred either within or outside the country or territory where it was collected, including to a country or territory that may not have equivalent data protection standards. In such cases, we do our best to ensure the security of your personal data being transmitted.
How do we protect information about you?
We adopt effective and appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site. However, keep in mind that while we are taking appropriate action to protect your information, no website, online transaction, computer system or wireless connection is completely safe.
How long will information about you be kept?
We will retain information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected. After that, we will delete it, unless applicable legal acts obliges us to store information for tax purposes, or data may be required for pre-trial investigation, but in any case, the retention period will be no more than required by the South African Revenue Services. When this term expires, the data will be deleted in such a way that it cannot be restored.
What rights do you have?
The data subject whose data is processed by the data controller, depending on the situation, has these rights:
- to be informed about personal data being processed (right to be informed);
- to access personal data and get information about how personal data is being processed (right to access);
- to obtain from the controller the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning data subject and have the right to have incomplete personal data completed (right to rectification);
- to erase personal data or suspend data processing activities (except storage) (right to erase and right to be “forgotten”);
- to require the data controller to restrict the processing of personal data for one of the legitimate reasons (right to restriction of processing);
- to transmit personal data to another controller (right to data portability);
- to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning data subject which is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party. In order for the controller to process personal data, he is responsible to prove that the processing is conducted for legitimate reasons and those reasons are beyond the interests of the data subject;
- lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country.
We offer you easy ways to exercise these rights. You can do this by writing to us at email@example.com, or by using certain contact methods provided by us on our site.
We may not give you the conditions for the implementation of the above mentioned rights, where in the cases provided by the law, it is necessary to ensure the prevention of crimes, offenses of professional or ethical conduct, as well as to ensure the protection of the rights and freedoms of the data subject or other persons.
Cookies, signals and similar technologies
Data protection officer can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This document was last updated on May 25, 2021.