HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch
The HP 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10GbE uplink models. The HP 1420 Switch Series has four models: 16-port 10/100/1000, 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports, 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are PoE+ enabled (124 W PoE budget), and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10GbE ports.
All are fanless. They come with a limited lifetime warranty and 24X7 phone support for the first three years of ownership.
HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch Features
High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching, Cost-effective and Easy to Deploy
The HP 1420 Switch Series offers small businesses and others Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switching with unmanaged affordability and plug-and-play simplicity.
Gigabit Ethernet is the most recommended and deployed networking technology today, delivering 10 times more performance than Fast Ethernet.
Unmanaged switches are the most economical offerings, ideal for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Model Choices to Meet Most Design Needs for Basic Layer 2 Networking
The 1420 Switch Series has four models to choose from, all with Gigabit performance but offering different uplink options. Consider the 16-port model for locations needing fewer connections and one of the 24-port models where more connectivity is required.
The HP 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where Gigabit fiber is required, while the HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available where 10GbE is needed now or in the future.
Anticipate the installation of IP voice, wireless Access points, or video surveillance cameras by deploying Power over Ethernet (PoE). Choose the PoE+ model for highly cost-effective PoE deployments.
All 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation, usable in office settings around workers. Units have internal power supplies with power-cord plug-in simplicity.
Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
All models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
The HP 1420 Switch Series has the company's only unmanaged PoE model, with fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras or wireless Access Points.
The HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10GbE transceivers to achieve 10GbE speeds. Alternatively, use today with Gigabit SFP transceivers if higher performance is merely a future requirement.
IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
The 1420 Switch Series supports Jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
The HP 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10GbE networks to reduce performance bottlenecks when connecting to storage and servers.
The switch series includes PoE+ options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports, and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
The HP Limited Lifetime Warranty 2.0 with 3 years of 24x7 phone support keeps support costs low over time.
HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch Specifications
- Unmanaged Gigabit switch with 24 10/100/1000 ports and 2 fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports. Future-proof 10G for high-speed fiber connection to servers or switches, using optional SFP+ or SFP transceivers. Fanless. Internal power supply.
- (24) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports
- (2) fixed 1000/10000 SFP+ ports
- Supports a maximum of 24 autosensing 10/100/1000 ports plus 2 SFP+ ports
- Memory and processor
- 8 MB flash
- Packet buffer size: 1.5 MB
- 100 Mb Latency: < 8 µs
- 1000 Mb Latency: < 16 µs
- 10 Gbps Latency: < 2 µs
- up to 65.5 Mpps
- Switching capacity
- 88 Gbps
- PoE capability
- PoE+ model supports 124 W PoE/PoE+ power budget.
HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch Dimensions and weight
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 17.32 x 9.37 x 1.73 in (44 x 23.8 x 4.4 cm)
- 6.39 lb (2.9 kg)
- What's in the box
- (1 )HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch (JH018A), (1) localized country power cord, (1) rack-mounting kit, (4) rubber feet, (1) documentation package (Quick Setup Guide, warranty information, and etc.)
- Limited Lifetime warranty: Advance hardware replacement with next-business-day delivery (available in most countries). See www.hp.com/networking/warrantysummary for duration details.
- Electronic and telephone support: limited electronic and telephone support is available from HP- for details on the duration of support provided with your product purchase
- refer to www.hp.com/networking/warrantysummary.
HP 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch fixed unmangaed Ethernet.
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!