Netgear ProSafe XS728T
As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR understands the importance of a reliable and high performance network to SMB customers. With the growth of virtualization, cloud-based services and applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance, SMB networks need to extend beyond simple reliability to higher speed and performance. The 10G Smart Managed Switch series from NETGEAR presents the right solution for this requirement; delivering unprecedented non-blocking 10-Gigabit bandwidth at an affordable cost.
NETGEAR’s ProSAFE XS712T and Netgear ProSafe XS728T are powerful Smart Managed Switches that come with either 12 or 24 10-Gigabit Copper ports and either 2 Combo SFP+ (XS712T) or 4 additional Dedicated SFP+ ports (XS728T) for 10G Fiber links. NETGEAR’s 10G Smart Managed Switches are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. They can be used at the “center of a small business network” or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a 10G NETGEAR ProSAFE® M7100/M7300 Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge.
Comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite Features
Both the XS712T and Netgear ProSafe XS728T Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet our customers’ current and future needs on virtualization, converged network and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocol-based VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues including Q-in-Q
- Static Routing (including IPv6 on XS728T)
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with Base-T
- 10GBase-T, like other Base-T technologies, uses the standard RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- CAT5/CAT5E are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- CAT6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- CAT6A or newer CAT7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBase-T connections
Designed as a Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 support
- Static routing helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping provide advanced multicast filtering
Act as an Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80-Gbps connection
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE®LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24×7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME 24×7 Online Chat Technical Support
Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “Base-T” technology with backward compatibility to Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing CAT6 RJ-45 short connections (up to 45m) and CAT6A / CAT7 connections up to 100m.
SFP+ 10G Fiber Ports
Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links.
Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS
Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network without switch replacement. IPv6 static routing support (XS728T only).
A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured, converged network with all types traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
- 802.1x authentication
- Port-based security by locked MAC
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and IP addresses
Comprehensive QoS Features
Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video.
- Port-based or 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
- Port-based rate limiting
IGMP Snooping and MLD Snooping Management, ACL and QoS
Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router.
Ensure no exchange of unicast, broadcast, or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch, thereby improving the security of your converged network. This allows your sensitive phone phone conversations to stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.
Ensure IP address allocation integrity by allowing only clients with specific IP/MAC addresses to have access to the network.
Private VLANs help reduce broadcast with added security.
Dual Firmware Images and Configuration Files
Dual firmware image and dual configuration file for transparent firmware updates/configuration changes with minimum service interruption.
Auto Voice and Auto Video
Automatic Voice over IP prioritization with Auto-VoIP simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephone deployments either based on protocols (SIP, H323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user-based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address, providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic, and enabling correct egress queue configuration. When deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant, the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID, 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones, accelerating convergent deployments.
Dynamic VLAN Assignment (RADIUS)
IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location on the network.
- Up to 3MB packet buffer memory (dynamically shared across only used ports)¹
- 240 Gbps (XS712T) / 560 Gbps (XS728T) non-blocking fabric (bandwidth)
- 8 Priority queues
- Weighted Round Robin (WRR) priority queuing
- Up to 32K Media Access Control (MAC) addresses with 48-bit MAC address¹
- Up to 1024 Multicast groups¹
- Up to 64 static IPv4 and IPv6 (XS728T only) routes; up to 512 routed VLANs¹
- 1024 ARP Cache entries
- Up to 8K DHCP snooping bindings¹
- Up to 164 shared rules for MAC, IP and IPv6 ACLs
- Jumbo frames up to 10K packet size supported¹
L2 Services – VLANs
- Up to 512 VLANs supported¹
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging
- IP-based VLANs
- MAC-based VLANs
- Private VLANs
- Auto-Voice VLAN based on phone’s OUI bytes (internal database, or user-maintained) or protocols (SIP, H323 and SCCP)
- Auto-Video VLAN
L2 Services – Availability
- Broadcast storm control
- IEEE 802.3ad – LAGs (LACP)
- IEEE 802.3x (full duplex and flow control)
- IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol
- IEEE 802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
L2 Services – Multicast Filtering
- IGMP snooping (v1, v2 and v3)
- MLD snooping support (v1 and v2)
- IGMP snooping queries
- Block unknown multicast
L3 Services – DHCP
- DHCP client
- DHCP snooping
L3 Services – Routing
- 32 (XS712T) / 64 (XS728T) IPv4 static routes
- 64 IPv6 static routes (XS728T only)
- VLAN routing
- 1024 Host ARP table entries
- Router Discovery (IRDP) (XS728T only)
- Up to 32 IP interfaces (port or VLAN)¹
- IEEE 802.3ad – LAGs (LACP)
- Manual LAG
- 8 LAGS with max 8 members in each LAG
Network Monitoring and Discovery Services
- 802.1ab LLDP
- RMON group 1,2,3,9
- IEEE 802.1x
- Guest VLAN
- RADIUS based VLAN assignment via .1x
- MAC-based .1x
- RADIUS Accounting
- L2/L3/L4 Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- IP-based ACLs (IPv4 and IPv6)
- MAC-based ACL
- TCP/UDP-based ACL
- MAC Lockdown
- MAC Lockdown by the number of MACs
- IEEE 802.1x RADIUS port access authentication
- Port-based security by locked MAC addresses
- Network storm protection, DoS
- Broadcast, unicast, multicast DoS protection
- DoS attacks prevention
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Access lists
- L2 MAC, L3 IP and L4 port ACLs
- Rate limiting (ingress and egress)
- Support for IPv6 fields
- DiffServ QoS
- IEEE 802.1p COS
- Destination MAC and IP
- IPv4 and IPv6 DSCP
- IPv4 and IPv6 ToS
- Weighted Round Robin (WRR)
- Strict priority queue technology
- Password management
- Configurable management VLAN
- Admin access control via RADIUS and TACACS+
- IPv6 management
- SNTP client over UDP port 123
- SNMP v1/v2c
- SNMP v3 with multiple IP addresses
- RMON group 1,2,3,9
- Port mirroring; many-to-one port mirroring
- Web browser-based graphical user interface (GUI)
- Smart Control Center (SCC) for multi-switch management
- This product is backed by a NETGEAR ProSAFE® Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- ProSUPPORT 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via chat. (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues).
Netgear ProSafe XS728T Specifications
10-GIGABIT COPPER PORTS
- 24 10GBase-T copper
- 4 SFP+ 1000/10GBase-X fiber ports (dedicated)
MAC ADDRESS DATABASE SIZE
VLAN (# SUPPORTED)
NUMBER OF LAGS & NUMBER OF MEMBERS
- 8 LAGS with max 8 members in each LAG (LACP)
NUMBER OF PRIORITY QUEUES
ACCESS CONTROL LISTS (ACLS)
- 164 shared for MAC, IP and IPv6 ACLs
IPV4 STATIC ROUTES
IPV6 STATIC ROUTES
- Internal 100-240VAC 50-60Hz
MAX POWER CONSUMPTION (WATTS)
- 173.3 W
ACOUSTIC NOISE LEVEL @25C (DBA)
- 41.6 dBA
- 0° to 50°C (32° to 122°F)
MTBF (@ 25° C)
- 514,977 hours
ELECTROMAGNETIC COMPLIANCE (A OR B)
- Class A
DIMENSIONS (W X D X H)
- 440 x 310 x 43 mm (17.3 x 12.2 x 1.7 in)
- 5.04 kg (11.1 lb)
Netgear XS728T 24 Port 10 Gigabit Layer 2+ Smart Managed Switch. 24 ports are Gigabit/10 Gigabit capable, 4x 10GBase-T/SFP+ for Fiber Module.
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!