As a leading provider of network equipment for SMBs, NETGEAR® understands the importance of reliable and high performance networks. With the growth of virtualization, cloud-based services and applications like VoIP, video streaming and IP surveillance, SMB networks need to extend beyond simple reliability to higher speed and performance. The XS708Ev2 and XS716E 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches from NETGEAR present the right solution for this requirement; delivering unprecedented non-blocking10-Gigabit bandwidth at the most affordable cost. Both are perfect for removing the SMB network bottlenecks caused by the proliferation of Gigabit-to-the-desktop and the explosion of mobile devices on the network.
NETGEAR® continues to lead the networking industry with its 2nd Generation of ProSAFE® 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) Switches, the XS708Ev2 8-Port and the XS716E 16-Port models, the market’s most cost-efficient 10-Gigabit switches. Built for SMBs, workgroups, and even home offices, both the XS708Ev2 and XS716E provide 10-Gigabit Copper ports and SFP+ fiber ports, all at an affordable price.
The XS708Ev2 and XS716E are purposely designed as a cost-effective way to provide 10G connections to 10G-capable servers and NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems. As part of the ProSAFE Web Managed (Plus) switch product family, the XS708Ev2 and the XS716E comes with configurable L2 network features such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP snooping, port trunking and rate limiting. These features help to further optimize business network performance, delivering great value and empowering the SMB network.
The XS708Ev2 provides 8 (eight) 10-Gigabit Copper ports and 1 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ fiber port, while the XS716E provides 16 (sixteen) 10-Gigabit Copper ports and 1 Shared (Combo) Copper/SFP+ fiber port, all at an affordable price. Either the XS708Ev2 or XS716E can be used at the “center of a small business or home office network” or as an aggregation / access switch in a larger organization including workgroup access, connecting to a NETGEAR ProSAFE 10-Gigabit Fully Managed Switch on one end and extending the 10G connections to the edge. The NETGEAR® 10-Gigabit Web Managed (Plus) switches are also ideal for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like video or animation.
Configurable L2 Networking Features
The ProSAFE 10G Web Managed (Plus) Switches provide plug-and-play connectivity, in addition to configurable L2 network features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN support for traffic segmentation including port-based and 802.1Q-based
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) for traffic prioritization including port-based and 802.1p/DSCP-based
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- IGMP snooping support for multicast optimization
- Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Port trunking/link aggregation (LAG) allows for increased throughput beyond 10G or to provide redundancy across the link(s)
- Jumbo frame support
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
With 10GBASE-T support, the ProSAFE 10G Web Managed (Plus) Switches enable a standard RJ45 Ethernet jack and existing Cat 6 or Cat 7 network cables to be used, delivering a 10X increase in network performance with minimum network changes and upgrades.
- 10GBASE-T is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds, thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5/Cat 5e are supported for Gigabit speeds only, up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or newer Cat 7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Designed as Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- L2 configurable features make them the most cost-effective core switches SMB and home office/business environments
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth and advanced traffic management
- IGMP snooping provides advanced multicast filtering
Act as Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to four 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into 40-Gbps uplink/downlink connections
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Hardware Warranty
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day (NBD) Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!