10-Gigabit Smart Managed Switch Series
Comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite Features
The ProSAFE 10G Smart Managed Switches provide comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features in order to meet current and future needs on virtualization, converged networking and mobility. Some of the main features include:
- Advanced VLAN features such as Protocol-based VLAN, MAC-based (Media Access Control) VLAN and 802.1x Guest VLAN
- Advanced QoS (Quality of Service) with L2/ L3/L4 awareness and 8 priority queues
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing
- Private VLAN
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- IGMP and MLD snooping
- Advanced Security
- IPv6 for management, QoS and ACL
10-Gigabit Transition with BASE-T
- 10GBASE-T, like other BASE-T technologies, uses the standard RJ-45 Ethernet jack
- It is backward compatible, auto-negotiating between higher and lower speeds – thereby not forcing an all-at-once network equipment upgrade
- Cat 5 / Cat 5e are supported for Gigabit speeds up to 100 meters
- Cat 6 twisted pair copper cabling supports 10-Gigabit speeds up to 45 meters
- Cat 6a or newer Cat 7 cabling will allow for up to 100 meter 10GBASE-T connections
Designed as a Core Switch for SMB Networks
- 10G connection to 10G-capable servers and network storage
- Powerful L2+/Layer 3 Lite features make them the most cost-effective core switches for SMB and virtualization environment
- Future-proof your network with 10G bandwidth, advanced traffic management and comprehensive IPv6 support
- Static routing helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping provide advanced multicast filtering
Act as an Aggregation Switch for Medium Sized Networks
- 10-Gigabit switches help to resolve the congestion issue between network edge and core, which is caused by the broader adoption of Gigabit-to-the-desktop
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet provides greater scalability than multiple Gigabit Ethernet links, resulting in a simplified and highly efficient network infrastructure
- Up to eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet links can be aggregated into a virtual 80?Gbps connection
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet reduces cabling complexity and uses existing cabling efficiently
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy-to-use web browser-based management GUI makes setup and management simple
- Standards-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standards-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE®LIFETIME Hardware Warranty*
- Minimal down-time with NETGEAR ProSAFE LIFETIME Next-Business-Day Replacement Warranty
- Get deployment assistance with 90-days Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Phone Support**
- LIFETIME 24x7 Online Chat Technical Support
Support low-latency, line-rate 10G Copper “BASE-T” technology with backward compatibility to Fast Ethernet (depending on model) and Gigabit Ethernet. Cost-effectively migrate current network to 10G capacity by utilizing the existing Cat6 RJ45 short connections (up to 30m) and Cat6a/Cat7 connections up to 100m.
10GBASE-X SFP+ ports
Providing flexibility to uplink to 10G-capable core or aggregation switches that support fiber links. Backward compatible to Gigabit fiber. Support copper or fiber modules.
USB Configuration Port
Quickly and conveniently upgrade or restore firmware, load or backup configuration files, or download system log files for troubleshooting.
Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
Maximum power reduction for ongoing operation cost savings.
Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS
Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to an IPv6-based network without switch replacement.
IPv4/IPv6 Static Routing
A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured, converged network with all types traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
- 802.1x authentication
- Port-based security by locked MAC
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and IP addresses
Comprehensive QoS Features
- Port-based or 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
- Port-based ingress and egress rate limiting
IGMP Snooping and MLD Snooping
Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra multicast router.
Ensure no exchange of unicast, broadcast, or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch, thereby improving the security of your converged network. This allows your sensitive phone phone conversations to stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.
Ensure IP address allocation integrity by allowing only clients with specific IP/MAC addresses to have access to the network.
Private VLANs help reduce broadcast with added security.
Dual Firmware Images and Configuration Files
Dual firmware image and dual configuration file for transparent firmware updates/configuration changes with minimum service interruption.
Auto-Voice and Auto-Video
Automatic Voice over IP prioritization (Auto-VoIP) simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephone deployments either based on protocols (SIP, H.323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user-based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address, providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic, and enabling correct egress queue configuration. Similarly, Auto-Video VLAN enables IGMP snooping to minimize broadcast streams. For XS708T and XS716T, when deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant, the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID, 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones, accelerating convergent deployments.
Dynamic VLAN Assignment (RADIUS)
IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location on the network.
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!