The NETGEAR Intelligent Edge M4100 series consists of 12 fully managed switches, ranging from 8-port Fast Ethernet to 50-port Gigabit Ethernet.
They are ideal for all organizations considering reliable, affordable and simple access layer switching with CLI, advanced scripting capabilities and Layer 3 routing.
As a cost-effective component of converged voice, video and data networking solutions, NETGEAR M4100 series delivers a secure edge in commercial buildings and campus LAN environments: PoE (802.3af) and PoE+ (802.3at) versions of M4100 series are perfect for Wireless access points, IP telephony and IP surveillance deployments.
Layer 2+ with static routing
- M4100 series comes with Port-based / VLAN-based / Subnet-based "static routing" Layer 2+ versions
- L3 fixed routes to the next hop towards the destination network are added to the routing table
- L3 routing is wire-speed in M4100 series hardware with 64 static routes (IPv4)
Engineered for convergence
- Automatic multi-vendor Voice over IP prioritization based on SIP, H323 and SCCP protocol
- Voice VLAN and LLDP-MED for automatic IP phones QoS and VLAN configuration
- Advanced classifier-based hardware for L2, L3, L4 security and prioritization
- Advanced Multicast filtering with IGMP and MLD snooping and querier modes
High-value performance and IPv6 ready
- 16K MAC addresses; up to 100Gbps switching fabric; 9K jumbo frames; Green Ethernet
- IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - DiffServ)
High availability and PoE/PoE+ full power capability
- Redundant power supply option for uninterruptible operation (RPS)
- External power supply option for PoE and PoE+ full power applications (EPS up to 1,440W)
Industry standard management
- Industry standard command line interface (CLI)
- Fully functional NETGEAR web interface (GUI)
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||12|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Installed SFP modules quantity||2|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||1|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z|
|Power consumption (typical)||18.8 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Non-operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Heat dissipation||64 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Quick start guide||Yes|
|MAC address table||16000 entries|
|Switching capacity||24 Gbit/s|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Total Power over Ethernet (PoE) budget||30 W|
|Colour of product||Blue, Grey|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||214142 h|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!