NETGEAR M4100 Series
As a cost-effective component of converged voice, video and data networking solutions, NETGEAR M4100 series offers ideal, advanced features for a secure edge in commercial buildings and campus LAN environments.
- High availability and PoE/PoE+ full power capability
- Industry standard management
- Industry leading warranty
- Layer 2+ with static routing
- Engineered for convergence
- High-value performance and IPv6 ready
- Layer 3 hardware with L2+ software affordability
- Built upon L3 hardware platform while Layer 2+ software package allows for better budget optimization
- Uses latest generation silicon low-power 40-nanometer technology
- L2 and L3 switching features (access control list, classification, filtering, IPv4 routing) are performed in hardware at interface line rate for voice, video, and data convergence
- Layer 2+ software package provides straight forward IP static routing capabilities for physical interfaces, VLANs and subnets
- 16K MAC address table, 1K concurrent VLANs and 64 static routes for SMB and small enterprise access layers
- Increased packet buffering with up to 12 Mb dynamically shared accross all interfaces for most intensive applications
- Low latency at all network speeds
- Jumbo frames support of up to 9Kb accelerating storage performance for backup and cloud applications
- Broad portfolio of access layer solutions, ranging from 8 ports Fast Ethernet to 50 ports Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides up to 15.4W per port
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) provides up to 30W per port
- Desktop versions can be powered by upstream PoE+ switch
- M4100-D12G-POE+ can even redistribute PoE power from the upstream PoE+ switch to VoIP phones or other devices in meeting rooms, retail sales floors or other challenging environments without outlet
- Both IEEE 802.3at Layer 2 LLDP method and 802.3at 2-event classification methods are supported for compatibility with all PoE+ PD devices
- Automatic MDIX and Auto-negotiation on all ports select the right transmission modes (half or full duplex) as well as data transmission for crossover or straight-through cables dynamically for the admin
- 100Mbps backward compatiblity on all SFP ports
- IPv6 support with multicasting (MLD for IPv6 filtering), ACLs and QoS
Ease of Use
- Fully functional Web console (GUI) for IT admins who prefer an easy to use graphical interface
- Placement outside the wiring closet (conference rooms, offices, class rooms, sales floor in retail stores, etc)
- For secure deployment in open areas , desktop versions come with a Wall Mount Kit with four brackets
- Select desktop versions also come with a set of strong magnets for mounting on any metal surface
- Automatic configuration with DHCP and BootP Auto Install
- Both the Switch Serial Number and Switch primary MAC address are reported by a simple "show" command in the CLI
- Automatic Voice over IP prioritization with Auto-VoIP
- An associated Voice VLAN can be easily configured with Auto-VoIP for further traffic isolation
- When deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant, the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID, 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones, accelerating convergent deployments
- DHCP/BootP innovative auto-installation including firmware and configuration file upload automation
- Dual firmware image and configuration file for updates with minimum service interruption
- Traffic control MAC Filter and Port Security
- DHCP Snooping monitors DHCP traffic between DHCP clients and DHCP servers to filter harmful DHCP message and prevent DHCP spoofing attacks
- IP source guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection for malicious users traffic elimination
- Layer 2 / Layer 3-v4 / Layer 3-v6 / Layer 4 Access Control Lists (ACLs) can be binded to ports, Layer 2 interfaces, VLANs and LAGs (Link Aggregation Groups or Port channel) for fast unauthorized data prevention and right granularity
- Bridge protocol data unit (BPDU) Guard allows the network administrator to enforce the Spanning Tree (STP) domain borders and keep the active topology consistent and predictable - unauthorized devices or switches behind the edge ports that have BPDU enabled will not be able to influence the overall STP topology by creating loops
- Spanning Tree Root Guard (STRG) enforces the Layer 2 network topology by preventing rogue root bridges potential issues when for instance, unauthorized or unexpected new equipment in the network may accidentally become a root bridge for a given VLAN
- Dynamic 802.1x VLAN assignment mode, including Dynamic VLAN creation mode and Guest VLAN / Unauthenticated VLAN are supported for rigorous user and equipment RADIUS policy server enforcement
- 802.1x MAC Address Authentication Bypass (MAB)
- Double VLANs (DVLAN - QoQ) pass traffic from one customer domain to another through the "metro core" in a multi-tenancy environment
- Private VLANs (with Primary VLAN, Isolated VLAN, Community VLAN, Promiscuous port, Host port, Trunks) provide Layer 2 isolation between ports that share the same broadcast domain
- Secure Shell (SSH) and SNMPv3 (with or without MD5 or SHA authentication) ensure SNMP and Telnet sessions are secured
- TACACS+ and RADIUS enhanced administrator management provides strict "Login" and "Enable" authentication enforcement for the switch configuration and authentication based on user domain in addition to user ID and password
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||26|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Combo SFP ports quantity||4|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3af|
|Power consumption (typical)||192 W|
|Redundant power supply (RPS) support||Yes|
|Heat dissipation||932 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Switching capacity||52 Gbit/s|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports quantity||24|
|Colour of product||Grey|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!