The NETGEAR ProSafe "Intelligent Edge" Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch GSM7224P consists of 24 ports Gigabit with PoE+ connectivity, and 4 ports dual-speed SFP with fiber connectivity. Intelligent Edge series deliver a secure and flexible access in campus, commercial and enterprise converged environments: Wireless access points, IP telephony and video-surveillance.
Combining superior resiliency and advanced security, GSM7224P provides comprehensive Layer 2, Lite Layer 3 and Layer 4 switching, including 16K MAC table size, 64 routing interfaces and 16 static routes.
Unified Communications – Voice over IP
The NETGEAR ProSafe "Intelligent Edge" simplifies converged data deployments with state-of-the-art capabilities. CoS Layer 2 prioritization and DiffServ Layer 3 & 4 policies allow for 1Kbps ingress and egress TCP/UDP granularity. LLDP-MED (Media Endpoint Discovery) automatically configures IP phones QoS and VLAN settings.
Unified Communications – Video Streams
IGMP filtering and querier ensure multicast streams are only delivered to interested receivers, preventing flooding even without a dedicated multicast router. When receivers are in different VLANs, Multicast VLAN registration (MVR) uses a dedicated multicast VLAN to forward multicast streams and avoid duplication for clients in different VLANs.
With its high-value price point, industry-standard command line interface (CLI) and single-pane-of-glass NMS200 management platform (mass-configuration support), NETGEAR ProSafe "Intelligent Edge" yields a high return on investment. GSM7224P is backed by the NETGEAR ProSafe Lifetime Hardware Warranty+, ProSupport Lifetime 24x7 Advanced Technical Support*, and 3-Year Next Business Day Onsite Hardware Replacement.
|Ports & interfaces|
|SFP/SFP+ slots quantity||4|
|Fiber ports quantity||4|
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||1|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||34, 24, 34|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Broadcast storm control||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1ab, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3ad, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z|
|Power consumption (typical)||380 W|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Non-operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Security algorithms||802.1x RADIUS, EAP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, WPA-AES|
|MAC address filtering||Yes|
|Static port security||Yes|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|MAC address table||16000 entries|
|Supported data transfer rates||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Maximum data transfer rate||10 Gbit/s|
|Switching capacity||48 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Number of trunks||12|
|Number of queues||8|
|Number of VLANs||1024|
|Number of static routes||16|
|MIB support||MIB-II, Bridge MIB, Etherlike-MIB, SMIv2, VLAN MIB, Client MIB, Entity MIB v2, RMON-MIB, PAE-MIB, LLDP MIB|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|System event log||Yes|
|Management protocols||SNMP v1/2/3, SMI v1/2, HTTP 1.1|
|Data link protocols||LLDP|
|Supported network protocols||IP, IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, TFTP, DoS, ICMP, ARP, BOOTP, SNTP, SFTP, BSD, Telnet|
|Fiber ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE?LX, 1000BASE?SX, 100BASE-FX|
|Fiber optic connector||SFP|
|Latency||3.1 - 9|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||440 x 257 x 44 mm|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Safety||CE, CSA, UL/cUL, EN|
|Certification||CE, FCC, VCCI, EN (CISPR 22), C-Tick|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Internal memory||128 MB|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||394619 h|
|Processor frequency||600 MHz|
|Flash memory||32 MB|
|Noise level||49.9 dB|
|Packet buffer memory||12 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!