Enhanced Scalability and Network Convergence for Growing Businesses.
The ProSafe Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch family is unique in delivering the scalability, reliability, and performance growing small and medium-sized businesses need in an affordable and easy-to-manage package. The NETGEAR’s Second Generation of these Stackable Smart Switches consists of 4 models in 28/52-port configuration with or without PoE option. They come with more port density and a total of 6 SFP ports for fiber connectivity. Among them, 2 are shared, and the other 4 are dedicated for either stacking or uplinks. This new generation of Stackable Smart Switches offers more flexibility and scalability that will make it easier and non-interruptive for growing businesses to expand their network capacity.
Stacking for Scalability and High Availability.
The new Generation of Stackable Smart Switches use 2 dedicated ports in the front of the switch for stacking, providing a 10Gbps, dual-ring, highly redundant stacking bus that carries intra-stack traffic and provide highest level of resilience, allowing you to stack up to six switches or up to 300 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, forming a virtual chassis for easy management under a single IP address. This stacking technology also provides several high-availability features to ensure business continuity:
- Resiliency: Due to redundant stacking port connections, there is an automatic fail-over in case any switch in the stack fails, with rapid reconfiguration, thus preventing network downtime.
- Hot-swappable: All switches in the stack are hot-swappable, and can be integrated or removed without disrupting the network.
All switches in the stack are hot-swappable, and can be integrated or removed without disrupting the network.
These Stackable Smart Switches come with a complete suite of advanced features for more robust security, higher quality of service and high availability. This switch is equipped with highly advanced features such as access control lists (ACL), static routing, rate limiting, IGMP snooping, and Dynamic VLAN assignment among others to provide a small and medium sized business with a network that is geared for growth while providing scalability and reliability.
These switches also provide advanced features that provide more robust security to SMBs.
- 802.1x for authentication.
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and/or IP addresses.
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS).
Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads.
Friendly to converged network with voice and video, the Stackable Smart Switches offers Auto Voice and Auto Video features that automatically configures QoS, Security and VLAN settings for IP phones and IP cameras.
IGMP filtering and querier ensure multicast streams are only delivered to interested receivers, preventing flooding even without a dedicated multicast router. When receivers are in different VLANs, Multicast VLAN registration (MVR) uses a dedicated multicast VLAN to forward multicast streams and avoid duplication for clients in different VLANs.
Manageability and Support.
There are various easy and convenient ways to manage the Stackable Smart Switch. The new Stackable Smart Switches can be managed by the Smart Control Center software which comes free with the switch. With it, you can discover and manage all Netgear Smart Switches from a central location, conduct mass configuration and firmware upgrade. If you have other Netgear business products in your network, you can also use the NMS200, Netgear’s management platform for discovery and configuration of all your Netgear products in the network. For the peace of mind, these Stackable Smart Switches are backed by the NETGEAR ProSafe Lifetime Hardware Warranty and 1-year free 24x7 Advanced Technical Support.
|Ports & interfaces|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-TX, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T|
|SFP/SFP+ slots quantity||4|
|Gigabit Ethernet (copper) ports quantity||2|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||54, 48, 54|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z|
|Power consumption (typical)||526.8 W|
|AC input voltage||100-240 V|
|AC input frequency||50/60 Hz|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||5 - 95%|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|Supported data transfer rates||10/100/1000Mbps|
|Maximum data transfer rate||10 Gbit/s|
|Number of VLANs||4093|
|Number of static routes||32|
|MIB support||RFC 1213 MIB II, RFC 1643 Ethernet Interface MIB, RFC 1493 Bridge MIB|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
|Ethernet interface type||Fast, Gigabit|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Safety||CE, CUL 60950/EN 60950, CB, CCC|
|LED indicators||LAN, PoE, Power, Status|
|Certification||CE, FCC 15 A, VCCI A, EN 55022 (CISPR 22), EN 55024 (CISPR 24), C-Tick, CCC|
|Colour of product||Stainless steel|
|Internal memory||128 MB|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||206539.3 h|
|Memory type||DDR SDRAM|
|Flash memory||32 MB|
|Packet buffer memory||2 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!