The NETGEAR new generation of Gigabit PoE/PoE+ Smart Switches offers powerful L2 and L2+ features, better PoE functions, and enhanced performance and usability. They are purposely designed for the converged networks where voice, video, data are all carried on a single network platform for network eff ciency, operational cost savings, and ease of management.
There are three products in this series: a 28-port Gigabit with PoE, a 28-port Giabit with PoE Plus, and a 52-port Gigabit with PoE. All switches come with 4 dedicated Gigabit SFP ports for fi ber connectivity. The new generation of Gigabit PoE/PoE+ Smart Switch from NETGEAR is the optimized solution providing the best value at an aff ordable SMB price point.
Designed for Converged Network, Big or Small
- Gigabit Speed with all ports capable of support either POE or PoE+
- Auto Voice VLAN for fast and reliable deployment of VoIP
- Auto Video VLAN, following the same concept of Auto Voice, help speed up your deployment of IP-based surveilliance system
- Static routing, helps to route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
- IGMP and MLD snooping, providing advanced multicast filtering
Build a future-proof network with NETGEAR
- Solid performance with non-blocking architecture, 8K MAC addresses, 256 VLANs, 480 shared ACL entries, 32static routes, and 1,024 Multicast Groups
- Comprehenisve IPv6 supporting management, QoS and ACL, ensuring investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based network
- PoE+ support on all models with GS728TPP support PoE+ on all ports, providing flexibility in the future to add power-hungry devices such as video phone, PTZ camera and 11ac Wireless APs into the network
- 4 Dedicated SFPs, not only providing fiber uplinks, but also uplink redundency and failover, improving reliability and availability for network virtualization
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) support for more energy saving in the future when more EEE-compliant end devices come to market
- Advanced QoS with IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - Diff Serv)
- Dynamic VLAN ssignment for easy user authentication and location-independant access to network
Network Development Made Easy
- Auto Voice VLAN for easy development of VoIP
- Auto Video for simple deployment of IP Surveillaince
- ACL Wizard for a guided tour to set up your network access control
- Smart Control Center, a powerful tool for multi-switch discovery, deployment, monitoring and firmware upgrade
- PoE Timer for scheduling on/off time of your PoE powered devices.
Smart IT, not Big IT
- Easy to manage via web-Based Management GUI or Smart Control Center for multi-switch deployment
- Standard-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standard-based devices in the existing network
- Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
- Worry-free with NETGEAR ProSAFE Lifetime Hardware Warranty
- Assist with customer deployment with 1-year Free 24x7 Advanced Technical Support
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||48|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE-T, 100BASE-T, 10BASE-T|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3x|
|Broadcast storm control||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Power consumption (typical)||384 W|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 55 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||10 - 90%|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Heat dissipation||1750.70 BTU/h|
|Weight & dimensions|
|MAC address filtering||Yes|
|Static port security||Yes|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|MAC address table||8000 entries|
|Switching capacity||1 Gbit/s|
|Number of VLANs||256|
|Number of multicast groups filtered||1024|
|Number of static routes||32|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Management protocols||IGMP, SNMP v1/v2/v3, RMON 1/2/3/9, SSL/HTTPS & TLS v1.0|
|Supported network protocols||IPv4, IPv6, TFTP, SNTP, TACACS+|
|Fiber optic connector||SFP|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports quantity||48|
|Power over Ethernet plus (PoE+) ports quantity||8|
|Total Power over Ethernet (PoE) budget||15.4 W|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Safety||CE, CSA, UL|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||CE, FCC, Class A EN 55022, Class A C-Tick, EN 50082-1, EN 55024, CCC|
|Packet buffer memory||8 MB|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||220447 h|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!