Today’s growing businesses demand and rely more on their network to carry out mission-critical business activities. Companies are putting more network traffic and applications on their Ethernet infrastructure. For example, the increasing deployments of VoIP phones and IP cameras require more than simple plug-and-play connectivity. It needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. Additionally, Internet-based applications such as Hotmail and Google Calendaring have made keeping the network up a business-critical need. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches. NETGEAR’s new ProSafe Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features that will help optimize the performance of business networks. ProSafe Plus Switches also offer traffic monitoring for users to observe traffic behavior. If there are connectivity issues, these switches can identify and even locate connection problems via cable diagnostic test. To optimize traffic through the switches, ProSafe Plus Switches offer both port and tag-based prioritization to keep latency-sensitive traffic moving ahead of less critical packets. Also, ProSafe Plus Switches offer port and 802.1Q-based VLAN as a means of improving security and network performance. ProSafe Plus Switches are an upgrade from the plug-and-play Unmanaged Switch, delivering great value for empowering your network, delivering great value to the end user.
- ProSafe Plus Switch delivers network monitoring, traffic prioritization and VLAN
- 16 ports deliver up to 2000 Mbps of dedicated, non-blocking bandwidth per port
- Simple, yet useful network set-up on top of plug-and-play connectivity
- Gigabit speed with QoS, VLAN and network monitoring
- VLAN support for traffic segmentation
- Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
- Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
- Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
- Loop prevention and broadcast storm controls
- IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
- Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
- Port mirroring for network monitoring
- Jumbo frame support
- Up to 60% lower power consumption than the non-Green version
- Auto power-down and cable-length detection for energy savings
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled materials
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||16|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Compatible operating systems||Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP|
|Quick start guide||Yes|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||No|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Safety||CE/LVD, EN 60950, CB, CCC|
|Electromagnetic compatibility||CE mark (commercial), EN 55022 (CISPR 22) Class A, FCC Part 15 Class A, VCCI Class A, C-Tick|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!