Small, Yet Powerful Gigabit Smart Switch Packed with Advanced Features
Joining NETGEAR’s ProSafe® family of Smart Switches with high performance and cost efficiency, this 10-port Gigabit Smart Switch is packed with powerful features capable of enhancing any type of business network. The GS110TP is designed for customers who need a low port density solution with the combination of Gigabit speed and PoE capability. The GS110TP comes with 8 dedicated 10/100/1000 Mbps copper ports to connect to your end devices and two additional Gigabit Fiber ports for uplinks with greater distance. With PoE capability on all 8 copper ports, the GS110TP can automatically detect PoE on the end devices and dynamically manage power assignments and priority. It is capable of delivering up to 15.4W of power to devices such as wireless access points, IP phones and IP cameras, providing flexibility and ease of deployment to your network. The GS110TP comes with a comprehensive set of features, such as enhanced VLAN and QoS, access control lists (ACL), 802.1x port authentication, rate limiting and IGMP snooping and many more, to provide businesses with networks that are geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability. With the fanless design and compact form factor, the GS110TP offers quiet operation and is suitable for deployments in any type of environment, especially the ones which are sensitive to noise.
PoE Power Management
GS110TP offers useful PoE power management features to help you better control and monitor your power resource. The PoE timer can help turn off the PoE ports during certain times of the day so that your network can be more secure as well as energy efficient. It can also set prioritization on power usage so that specified ports are always guaranteed to get the power first if total power required exceeds the total power budget. The power will be assigned to the PoE ports dynamically depending on the actual power need of the individual network devices so that you don’t need to do any calculation. The PoE LED on the front panel will light up if the PoE usage is reaching the threshold, meaning that insufficient PoE resource is left for powering up additional ports.
- Up to 70% power savings compared to the non-Green version
- Auto power-down mode saves energy when port is not in use
- Cable length detection reduces power usage when network cable is shorter than 10 meters
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. The GS110TP provides an extensive set of QoS features:
- 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based prioritization
- Rate limiting
The GS110TP provides more robust security. This includes:
- 802.1x for authentication
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses
The GS110TP is a powerful switch, yet very ease to manage. It comes with many usability enhancements to help customers fully utilize the features for a more optimized and secure network. For example, the Auto Voice VLAN and Auto Video features will assist customers to easily set up VoIP or IP surveillance networks with a couple of simple steps. You don’t need to be an IT professional to set up VoIP or IP surveillance. Security is critical for business networks. However, not everyone knows how to set up a secure network. The ACL Wizards on the GS110TP will guide even naïve users through the setup of access control and address filtering.
Centralized Management via the New Smart Control Center
With multiple switches in the network, managing configurations on each switch and upgrading firmware becomes a big challenge. NETGEAR’s Smart Control Center that comes with the GS110TP and many other Smart switch models can help make this task much easier and simpler. It can perform discovery of the switches on your network, push configuration and firmware updates to multiple selected switches at once, and can even schedule when the tasks should be performed.
|Ports & interfaces|
|Copper ethernet cabling technology||1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||8|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Broadcast storm control||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3i, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z|
|Power consumption (typical)||59.3 W|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Non-operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Weight & dimensions|
|Access Control List (ACL)||Yes|
|MAC address table||4000 entries|
|Supported data transfer rates||10/100/1000Base-T/SFP|
|Maximum data transfer rate||20 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Data link protocols||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||236 x 101.6 x 27 mm|
|Electromagnetic emissions||CE mark, FCC Part 15 Class A, VCCI Class A, C-Tick|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)|
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)||Yes|
|Colour of product||Black|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||157004 h|
|Packet buffer memory||0.5 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!