Power up Your Small Network to Gigabit Speeds
NETGEAR’s family of Prosafe® Gigabit Smart Switches is purposely designed for SMB customers with high performance, SMB-oriented features and easy management. With 8 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode per port, the GS108T is an ideal solution for extending network connections into conference room, labs, lobbies and department workgroups. It enables SMB networks to support Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media, multicasting, security, and many other bandwidth-intensive applications like ERP and large file transfers. The GS108T comes with a comprehensive set of features, such as access control lists (ACL), 802.1x port authentication, enhanced QoS, rate limiting and IGMP snooping among others to provide a small or medium-sized business with a network that is geared for growth while ensuring performance and reliability.
In addition, the GS108T supports IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE). It can obtain its power from either a PoE source or from an external AC power adapter. This gives an SMB flexibility when installing the switch in places where a power outlet is not present.
The GS108T comes with an intuitive, Web-browser interface which offer simple Smart Switch management, making it a snap to monitor switch performance, configure ports, even set up port trunks, VLANs, and traffic prioritization. Alternatively, you can use SNMP-based software to manage your Smart Switch. NETGEAR ProSafe Smart Switches are ideal for adding basic management to your unmanaged networks or extending your managed networks.
The GS108T provides cost-efficient solutions that enable SMB customers to better manage their network. Included are performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN for traffic control, link aggregation for increased bandwidth, IGMP snooping for facilitating multicast applications, and Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization.
Advanced Quality of Service
Priority queuing ensures that high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. The ProSafe Gigabit Smart Switch provides an extensive set of QoS features:
- 802.1p-based prioritization;
- Layer 3-based prioritization;
- Rate limiting.
These Gigabit Smart Switches have advanced features that provide more robust security to SMBs. These include:
- 802.1x for authentication;
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses.
- Up to 60% lower power consumption;
- Auto power-down mode conserves energy when a port is not connected;
- Less transmit power when the cable is under 10 m;
- Packaging manufactured with at least 80% recycled material.
|Ports & interfaces|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity||8|
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)|
|Flow control support||Yes|
|Broadcast storm control||Yes|
|Spanning tree protocol||Yes|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3x|
|Power consumption (typical)||6 W|
|Operating relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 90%|
|Operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||0 - 50 °C|
|Storage temperature (T-T)||-20 - 70 °C|
|Storage relative humidity (H-H)||0 - 95%|
|Non-operating altitude||0 - 3000 m|
|Operating temperature (T-T)||32 - 122 °F|
|Weight & dimensions|
|MAC address filtering||Yes|
|MAC address table||4000 entries|
|Supported data transfer rates||10/100/1000 Mbps|
|Maximum data transfer rate||1 Gbit/s|
|Jumbo frames support||Yes|
|Number of VLANs||64|
|MIB support||RFC 1643, RFC 1213|
|Quality of Service (QoS) support||Yes|
|Switching protocols||LLDP, MSTP, SNTP|
|Supported network protocols||HTTP, HTTPS|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||158 x 105 x 27 mm|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Electromagnetic immunity||EN 55024|
|Acoustic noise note||0 dB|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||157.5 x 104.1 x 27.9 mm (6.2 x 4.1 x 1.1")|
|Certification||CE, FCC, C-Tick|
|Colour of product||Grey|
|Mean time between failures (MTBF)||278553 h|
|Packet buffer memory||0.128 MB|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!