- Enhanced speed and connectivity;
- AES 256-bit encryption protection;
- Drop-resistant up to two meters.
Triple Interface for the Best Performance
The LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Disk provides universal connectivity: you've got the superior speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0. You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than 7 seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0 With the Rugged Triple's 7200rpm model, you can even achieve speeds up to 110MB/s. Additionally, you can use the LaCie Mac USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (up to a 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800). Whether your goal is super speed or complete compatibility, the Rugged Triple has everything you need.
Four Levels of Rugged Protection
The Rugged is one of our most popular hard disks, and it's the best way to protect your data. It conforms to military standard 810-F, and can support drops from up to two meters. It helps you carry your files with confidence, no matter where the road takes you, thanks to its shock-absorbing sleeve, aluminum anti-scratch casing, internal rubber bumpers, and a 1000G shock-resistant hard drive. Calculations are based on average read time.
A Fifth Level of Data Security
LaCie AES 256-bit encryption software comes standard with the Rugged Triple. We've made it easy for you to create a password-protected area on your drive where you can securely store all of your confidential information. AES 256-bit encryption technology is one of the most robust on the market today, and makes the Rugged Triple more secure than ever.
Easy setup and automatic worry-free backup for both PC and Mac computers.
With LaCie Private-Public software built-in, it's easy to make sure that your files are secure and protected, no matter where you go.
Secure Online Storage
10GB of Wuala Online Storage included for one year to securely store and share your data online.
40% Energy Savings
Automatic Eco mode lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use, increasing the battery life of your notebook or laptop.
|Hard drive capacity||1000 GB|
|Hard drive speed||5400 RPM|
|Hard drive interface||FireWire 800, USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A|
|Weight & dimensions|
|USB 3.0 (3.1 Gen 1) ports quantity||1|
|Compatible operating systems||Windows XP
|Cables included||FireWire, USB|
|Colour of product||Orange, Silver|
|Windows operating systems supported||Yes|
|Mac operating systems supported||Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard|
|FireWire data transfer rates||400,800 Mbit/s|
|USB data transfer rates||5000 Mbit/s|
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!