With an installed base of more than 19 million drives and 6 million users, DDS/DAT is easily the world’s most popular tape storage format. The latest generation of this simple and successful format is delivered by the HP DAT 320 tape storage solution, providing a 12 MB/sec transfer rate and up to 320 GB capacity on a single cartridge. New manufacturing and recording technologies have created a tough, lightweight, high capacity, high performance media that more than measures up to the uncompromising storage demands of today’s dynamic, risk-aware businesses. DDS/DAT provides a reliable, low-cost, easy-to-use backup solution for small to medium-sized businesses to meet increasing storage demands and compliance criteria. A Storage Media Kit is also available, providing a complete tape media solution in one easy to buy product.
Familiar, Low-risk Format Ideal for Small and Medium-sized Backup Environments.
DAT has a global installed base of more than 1.9 million drives, making it the favorite backup solution among small and medium sized organizations. Latest HP DAT 320 solutions feature new tape technology for better performance and higher capacity in increasingly demanding backup environments, while retaining media compatibility and interchange with DAT 160. HP DDS-DAT media are available with capacities from 40 GB (DDS-3) through to 320 GB compressed (DAT 320). Up to 86.4 GB/hour can be stored with DAT 320. HP has 76% of the market and an installed base of more than 1.3 million drives.
Value for Money.
Lower cost of ownership for small and medium sized organizations compared with AIT and DLT VS with a superior cost per GB. New wide format (DAT 160 and DAT 320) provides a longer tape with greater capacity. Few tape swaps and higher capacity cartridges mean a smaller footprint for backup and archiving and less downtime and operator invention. Backwards compatibility and a confirmed development roadmap offer sustained ROI and migration to higher capacities to meet growing storage demands.
Simple, Practical, Out-of-the-box Solution.
The USB model can be out of the box and ready to go in under 60 seconds. HP One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Solution supports HP DAT media on HP DDS/DAT drives. With OBDR you can quickly, reliably and simply restore your entire system by inserting the most recent backup tape and pushing a button the tape drive. Supports the full range of HP tools and software for smooth, effective backup and rapid fault diagnosis and resolution. A Storage Media Kit is also available, providing a complete tape media solution in one easy to buy product.
Exhaustively Qualified and Warranted for Use with HP and Non-HP DAT Products.
A continuous testing program in HP’s media laboratory guarantees maximum restore performance. 70,000 tests and 1.3 million test hours a year emulate real-world environmental conditions and usage to ensure every tape works reliably the first time and every time. HP warrants DAT cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
The specifications and any information displayed on this page might not be applicable to this specific product and model. These specificationas apply to the entire product range,and are displayed as a guideline as to what is compatible with this product range.
|Delivery TimeFrame:||Allow about 1-2 business days for delivery in Gauteng Area. Delivery to all other Major Areas, please allow 2-3 days for delivery. For delivery to Outlying Areas, Karoo, etc, allow 3-5 business days for delivery.|
|Orders over R2500 in GP Major Area and weighing less than 7KGs.:||Will be Dispatched via Economy Delivery service at no additional charge. See more delivery options available at checkout or ask us|
|Returns Policy:||You may return new, unworn or unused products within seven (7) days of delivery for a full refund of the cost of the goods, or an exchange if preferred. Read More|
- Use the "Add to Basket" button (on the product page / at bottom of each product) once you are happy with the item(s).
- Once the item(s) is in your basket: Click on the "Checkout" link in the upper right corner. You will be redirected to Login/Register page. Please fill in all your necessary contact and delivery details.
- Select your payment method, and if "Credit Card" is selected you will now be forwarded to a secure payment gateway VCS where you may safely and securely submit your card details. Alternatively if you elect to pay via other methods such as Bank Transfer, simply follow the instructions. For more on payment methods click Here.
- Once your details have been submitted, you will return to the website.
- We will receive your order and process for swift delivery. Orders are processed each day before 1pm. All orders after 1 pm will be processed the next working day.
- You will receive a confirmation email of the order.
- When we have received your payment your order will be dispatched via courier. Depending on your delivery choice. For more on delivery options click Here.
- You will receive tracking number or communication from us regarding your order.
- Our trusted couriers will bring your order to your chosen delivery address and you will need to sign for it
- Enjoy your new technology item(s)!